ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

difference between a 172 cup and sport

Renault Clio 172 Ph 2
Hi bud, i'll say it before anyone else, have a go with the search engine, if no luck come back.

looking at a clio
hiya mate i know it has been askin aloads of time but i write in cupvs sport or something and i cant find nothing really but i must not be writing in the write thing

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Not again....lol

Weight. cups lighter
0-60. cups a little bit quicker [Evo figures cup 0-60 6.5/ 172 7.1
topend. same 138mph
handling. cup handles better standard.
brakes. cup has no ABS.

I've driven both, and imo the cup does feel quicker,more urgent then the 172.

looking at a clio
sorry about the question again so really its best to get the cup really then i take then but is there alot of diffence is price

looking at a clio
well if it only a few 0.3 sec to 60 quicker in a cup than a full fat then you can easy loss that in strippin it and for handling i was lookin at to lowerin it anywayz

looking at a clio
well i wanna get one are they easy to perforamce up and do you think i would be able to beat a st220 mondeo becuase that what my dads got

Last edited:
  A Flamin' Red one
well i wanna get one are they easy to mod up and do you think i would be able to beat a st220 mondeo becuase that what my dads got

Haha! Brilliant! Well, the ST220 does 0-60 in 7.7 seconds so you should be fine. If you want to know how easy they are to 'mod' I'd suggest making use of the forum you've become a member of...

looking at a clio
wll my dad got his at 7 sec and its standard and got it tested at a 0-60 day but dont ask who and i will do how much is it to become a member

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Cup is quite basic, and in the summer on a humid day stuck in traffic you'll be regrettnig not getting the normal one with climate control....

My mate has had a cup a couple of months and he likes it, but there is very little difference between his 172 cup and my 182 FF with cup packs in performance terms - except I've got coilovers so mine outhandles his in quite a big way.

Not sure about an ST220 - my 182 happily blitzes st24 and st200, but never tried an st220. It should outhandle it though.

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Fellow Sittingbourne-r! Mines in bits at the minute mate but you can take a look at mine whens its done!

Clio MK 4
id get full fat as there really is not much difference in speed and you get alot more with the ff. but then again i am biased lol

M2 Competition
well if it only a few 0.3 sec to 60 quicker in a cup than a full fat then you can easy loss that in strippin it and for handling i was lookin at to lowerin it anywayz

If you're looking at stripping it, and fitting coilies, get a cup mate.

180.6Bhp 172 cup (cc)
Get a cup mate i spent months looking around and drove both, I needed the comfort still so managed to get a cup with CC (for thoose hot summer days, That we neva get in the uk anyway!!) Defo feel better/faster when driving and i would like to think im not overly bias as tried both when buying + im sure once you get a CS you will want to throw it around the track at some point :D

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The way prices are at the moment, get a cupped 182, best of both worlds IMO. Or a ph1 172 + coilovers. Pretty much the same weight as a cup IIRC, but you get to keep AC and ABS. Win.

1.8 Civic EX
I'd get a 172 cup with cup packs full fat myself.

lol

come on guys you should all know by now (due to help from Rollo) that Full Fat is a 182 term not a 172 Term.

For 172's it's either a Cup or simply a 172

The 182 has the Cup, 182 and 182 full fat ;)

an IMO, don't worry too much about performace figures unless you're going on track. I kept up with a Ferrari 360 on the road the other day....because we were sitting in traffic doing 1 mph.... for day to day use think about the extras you want/don't want...aircon/CC, leather/alcantara seats, xenons, ABS etc...all of which the Cup doesn't have but the 172 does