ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Differences in ph1 and ph2 exhaust?

340i
there will be a slight difference in length from a Ph-1 - ph-2 exhaust as the cats are a different length surely?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Since when was the standard cat longer in a ph1? All the 172 decat pipes are identical for either, it wouldnt of been in Renaults interest to make one slightly longer/shorter than the other.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Greeny 172 said:
Since when was the standard cat longer in a ph1? All the 172 decat pipes are identical for either, it wouldnt of been in Renaults interest to make one slightly longer/shorter than the other.
There are 2 different ph1 cats. The single lambda sensor version is shorter, the twin lambda version is longer and the same length as the ph2 cat.
I've had both on my car, they def exist.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
I have the single lambda twin barrel version. This is the shorter version right?

So if I was to fit a ph2 exhaust it would be an inch too short. What if I were to get a ph2 decat?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I have the single lambda twin barrel version. This is the shorter version right?

So if I was to fit a ph2 exhaust it would be an inch too short. What if I were to get a ph2 decat?
I had a similar problem. You're best of looking out for a ph1 twin lambda cat. I've been told the ph2 cat is more restrictive.

PH1 172

When you do fit a twin lambda cat, you will have to blank off the 2nd hole as you will only need/can take the one reading. 1" shorter should be ok on a cat-back exhaust as you have the choice of playing around with the mounts so you can align them, so sticking with your cat should be ok surely??

Ph1 172 + Combo van
I was looking to get a decat aswell tbh. Is there two different lengths of decats sold for the 172?

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Yeh my dads owns a garage so I have use of ramps, tools and friendly mot testers on tap :)

SQ5
So fitting a Ph2 Yozza to my Ph1 it will probably sit flush with the bumper rather than a bit of poke out?

Evo 6, E92 320d
I have an exhaust from a cup on my ph1 so the tailpipe sits in a bit, so i'm on the lookout for a ph2 decat to bring the tailpipe out an inch.

clio mk2 ph1 172
So fitting a Ph2 Yozza to my Ph1 it will probably sit flush with the bumper rather than a bit of poke out?
yozza supersport, sits perfect:)
IMG_0130.jpg

340i
It will just about sit out of the bumper yeah Danny...

Although mine does poke out a little more, it has a longer tail pipe welded on.. Which was done by JP exhaust's :)

Ph1
Technically theres 3 different ph1 cats.

Single barrel version (early type)

Double barrel single lambda

Double barrel twin lambda

Clio 172
I'll be selling my Ktec single lambda decat pipe second week in march its from a ph 1 172 as i'll be refitting my twin single lambda back on for Hillclimbing.

If thats of interest to you?.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
I will just fit the catback then get a custom decat made up. Then they will be able to adjust the length to suit the bumper.

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
I'll be selling my Ktec single lambda decat pipe second week in march its from a ph 1 172 as i'll be refitting my twin single lambda back on for Hillclimbing.

Hi was going to ask why but just remembered - regs say you need cat!

What class do you run in as I am running in 1b mod road class.

pm me cheers

sorry of topic