ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DIRT + G25 = Win

I've just started playing the Championship (proper rallying) again in DIRT with the G25. It's simply awesome. Really, really good. The nature of rallying, with loss of traction, dips & bumps, off cambers, differing surfaces and what not, are exploited to the maximum using the G25. Once you're 'in the zone' with the wheel, you can put in some truly mind blowing performances. It really does feel almost exactly how I would imagine a rally stage would. The changes from gravel to tarmac, for example, are absolutely tangible. Jumping over crests and landing really does feel like the streering wheel is connected to two wheels that are scrabbling for traction and reacting to your inputs.

In short, it's f**king brilliant. If you have a bad ass PC (DIRT is quite demanding on ultra settings & high res) and a G25, you should definitely try DIRT if you haven't already.

Lee

BMW M2C
Dirt 2 feels even better with the G25. It feels amazing even with the MS wheel. Obviously, G25 + dbox + s**t hot PC = ultimate win

One of the best things about it for me is the feeling of being right on the edge when pushing for a hot time. Rallying is all about controlling being out of control.

You should try it online Roy. It's superb not knowing who is up until the split. Very tense.

There's a lot more American style events, but still proper rallying too. I loved the first one, but 2 blows it away in terms of car handling and visuals. I know some won't like the American bias, but let's face it, proper rally games don't sell, and current gen dev is silly money.

I'd have it on pre order if I didn't get a free copy.

I want your job. In the meantime, I'm definitely going to order DIRT 2. I don't mind the yankerishness too much just so long as the driving is good, and it still has a proper rally championship.

Cupra
Stop your damn posts about the G25! I am going to have to part with some serious cash soon and get one FFS!!!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Nor you! lol :rasp:

Straying off topic for a moment, but is the other time trial thread Race/Race 07 with an STCC mod?

Is it as resource heavy as Dirt as my machines pretty w**k?:dead:

It's not with the STCC mod, m8. The time trial ones posted are playable with the GTR Evo/Race 07 combo purchase. When you download the Donington track mod from nogripracing.com, you'll be able to do the Civic and Donny time trials that me, Jason and Iain have done. :)

GTR Evo/Race 07 is very scalable on the graphics as well. It's certainly not as resource heavy as DiRT - so long as you want it to be.

D.

Megane R26
What does it need spec wise? I got an 8800GT 512MB and E6600 - will that be okay for DIRT1?

Damn PC gaming :(

Barge
How good is his footwork?! Awesome. I'll try it in the Clio. :cool:

Never really been good at driving games, just GTA LOL.

What does it need spec wise? I got an 8800GT 512MB and E6600 - will that be okay for DIRT1?

It's only really demanding in the sense that it doesn't appear to be very well optimised to run under Windows. Your machine will play it fine but TBH it may struggle at max settings and high res. My previous setup was a QX9650 + 2x 8800GTS in SLI, and that struggled to serve up 60 frames on ultra @1680x1050. I've since changed to a GTX295 and the system now pisses 60fps @1920x1200 with everything as high as possible. In other words, yeah, your machine will play it fine but do expect to have to dial out some detail.

EDIT: I also doubt it's optimised for SLI. My 2nd 8800GTS was probably doing nothing.

How good is his footwork?! Awesome. I'll try it in the Clio. :cool:

Never really been good at driving games, just GTA LOL.

It's ok, there's no parking in DIRT. There's plenty of posts and trees to reverse into though -x-

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
It's only really demanding in the sense that it doesn't appear to be very well optimised to run under Windows. Your machine will play it fine but TBH it may struggle at max settings and high res. My previous setup was a QX9650 + 2x 8800GTS in SLI, and that struggled to serve up 60 frames on ultra @1680x1050. I've since changed to a GTX295 and the system now pisses 60fps @1920x1200 with everything as high as possible. In other words, yeah, your machine will play it fine but do expect to have to dial out some detail.

EDIT: I also doubt it's optimised for SLI. My 2nd 8800GTS was probably doing nothing.

It's ok, there's no parking in DIRT. There's plenty of posts and trees to reverse into though -x-

f**k me, i'll get my coat...

I'm beginning to wonder if mines even up to running Race07 :eek:

Cupra

I could play DIRT with my old 8800GTS (320MB) and E6600 and it still looked nice. It did struggle with everything on at 1280x1024 though but that was to be expected.

Cupra

My wife said to me this morning, "why don't you get one of those steering wheels for the PC, Luke (my son) would really enjoy playing on that."

Me: Okay, if you insist. Just trying to find one for a decent price now. (I won't mention how much the thing costs to her!)
:D

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
My wife said to me this morning, "why don't you get one of those steering wheels for the PC, Luke (my son) would really enjoy playing on that."

Me: Okay, if you insist. Just trying to find one for a decent price now. (I won't mention how much the thing costs to her!)
:D

Lol - good call! :)

D.

Cupra
Ordered it. Can't wait to give it a shot now!

Don't think I'll go this far though:

[YOUTUBE]9sJQKGLblho[/YOUTUBE]

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I can't tell what that game is? Is it running on a PS3 or PC? I'd say it might be a PC with it having triple screen, what with Matrox cards supporting 3-screens a fair bit.

Doesn't look like any PC racing game that I know of, though. LFS, maybe? :)

D.

I believe you have to network 3 together.

Dazzle, there's a PS3 visible in that setup, but that doesn't mean much. I don't recognise the game either.

Last edited:
  Cupra
One box of win delivered today. What is the best game to break it in on for maximum effect?

3611715628_be45a957fa_o.jpg

Set it up for Luke to have a play with. :D
3610902501_09fa00d366_o.jpg