ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

DIRT + G25 = Win

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
One box of win delivered today. What is the best game to break it in on for maximum effect?

GTR2 or GTR Evo with Race '07. I'd say that GTR2 is a little more hardcore, but Race '07 is a superb all-rounder.

The gearstick is a nice touch, but you'll end up using the paddle shift in no time. Much more direct and enjoyable, imo.

D.

Cupra
Just finished 2 hours on GTR Evo.. sore arms and legs! lol.

Awesome experience though. There is definitely a bit of a learning curve but blasting around tracks that you have done in real life is ace.

Will look up Race 07 next. :D

dk

911 GTS Cab
where do people actually attach these too, i've got one but have nowhere to attach it, i use the ironing board but its crap!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
where do people actually attach these too, i've got one but have nowhere to attach it, i use the ironing board but its crap!

Computer desk + jigsaw + hack/cut/choppy-choppy = G25 win :cool:

DSCN4315-2.jpg

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just finished 2 hours on GTR Evo.. sore arms and legs! lol.

Awesome experience though. There is definitely a bit of a learning curve but blasting around tracks that you have done in real life is ace.

Will look up Race 07 next. :D

We SO need to get a CS session up and running! :approve:

D.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Wouldn't the PC players rather play it on a 42" Hd telly rather than a 22" at the most monitor? Epecially with a wheel.

Wouldn't the PC players rather play it on a 42" Hd telly rather than a 22" at the most monitor? Epecially with a wheel.

No. My 26" monitor offers far more impact than my 42" plasma. Simply because you sit much, much closer. I do of course play console games on the TV, and they look really good, just not as big. PC monitors are also generally crisper and cleaner than TVs.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Sorry Roy, 26" is big for a montor likes!

No wonder it'll look good.

Cupra

Desk seems to work. Have to do something with my chair though, it rolls away when I press the pedals. lol

3619161324_f71f092b4a_o.jpg

We SO need to get a CS session up and running! :approve:

D.

I am well up for that! Just give me a bit of practise first. :D

Get yourself one of these. Myself and Gareth did and we're both really pleased with it. http://www.wheelstandpro.com/

I like that, not a bad price either!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Get yourself one of these. Myself and Gareth did and we're both really pleased with it. http://www.wheelstandpro.com/
that looks f**king excellent, perfect infact, small enough to fold away which is a major plus.

Only thing is, is it worth £100!!!!!!!!

And do I go for the dual solution for £119 and get the fitting for the xbox too, not got an xbox steering wheel (so wish you could use the g25 with it!) but if i had a solution as good as this i might just get one for forza 2.

The stand is as expensive as the bloody G25 though!

So is it really that good?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Desk seems to work. Have to do something with my chair though, it rolls away when I press the pedals. lol

3619161324_f71f092b4a_o.jpg

I am well up for that! Just give me a bit of practise first. :D

I like that, not a bad price either!

I think a WTCC race around somewhere like Donington would be ace. First dibs on the Honda, though! ;)

Oh, and I spy an Antec case above ^^^, I think. Is that the P180B? Same as mine. :cool:

D.

Cupra
sounds good. It won't matter what you're driving TBH, you will still be lapping me!
Yes, its the P182. Will be reusing for future builds as i have not come across another one that i like more.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
sounds good. It won't matter what you're driving TBH, you will still be lapping me!
Yes, its the P182. Will be reusing for future builds as i have not come across another one that i like more.

I doubt it! The ones that scare me are Iain and Jason. They've both posted better laptimes than me!

D.

Lee

BMW M2C
that looks f**king excellent, perfect infact, small enough to fold away which is a major plus.

Only thing is, is it worth £100!!!!!!!!

And do I go for the dual solution for £119 and get the fitting for the xbox too, not got an xbox steering wheel (so wish you could use the g25 with it!) but if i had a solution as good as this i might just get one for forza 2.

The stand is as expensive as the bloody G25 though!

So is it really that good?

As far as I'm concerned it's worth every penny. It folds away perfectly for me to store under the stairs, it's solid, well made and takes seconds to fold out or put away. I've got my 360 wheel attached at the moment, but I also bought the dual solution to allow me to use my old GT4 wheel.

It seems expensive I guess, but it's cheap compared to a full on seat setup, and is easy to store.

It comes from Poland, so I'd guess it's quite expensive to ship. There's a small review in Console gaming which Gareth wrote.

As I only really play console racing games these days, I play in the lounge, so something I can put out the way was a must.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
As far as I'm concerned it's worth every penny. It folds away perfectly for me to store under the stairs, it's solid, well made and takes seconds to fold out or put away. I've got my 360 wheel attached at the moment, but I also bought the dual solution to allow me to use my old GT4 wheel.

It seems expensive I guess, but it's cheap compared to a full on seat setup, and is easy to store.

It comes from Poland, so I'd guess it's quite expensive to ship. There's a small review in Console gaming which Gareth wrote.

As I only really play console racing games these days, I play in the lounge, so something I can put out the way was a must.

Bad Lee - bad Lee! ;)

D.

Clio 200 Raider
just got the g25 a few days ago, awesome bit of kit

got the settings were i want them on r factor with the f1 mod

but can some of u guys post some decent settings for dirt for the g25. what are peoples settings (ie steering saturation and the like) finding the steering too sensitive at the mo.

cheers

Cupra
I just use the standard settings on DIRT. Never had a problem with them aside from when using the pikes peak extreme cars, then it is hard not to bounce along the track like a pinball.