ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do i keep it or sell it??

197 cup/ skoda Fab vrs
Have had some ace news recently that im going to be a dad:clap:!! So im thinking of getting a 5 door car that will be easy to use and i wont have to worry about throwing the pram and stuff in the back. Dont know what to do really as the market aint the best at the mo, and i dont know if i can part with it :(:(.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Maybe sell up and get a 5 door Meggy 225 then? Congrats on becoming a dad as well. My mates wife recently gave birth...hes described it as "awesome" lol.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Pointless getting a 5 door car until the nipper is about 6m old mate. Even then its debatable if its worth it.

Congrats by the way!

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
keep it, when my mrs found out she was expecting our youngest i bought a motorbike :rasp:

Vw caddy tdi
They did test on a vw golf and decided a mk4 3dr was actually easier and quicker to use with children than a 4dr, mainly because had to open and close 2 doors instead of 1 it took longer and was more hassle.

Black 197
Congrats dude ! I got my little nipper expected on the 17th december, Im gonna keep my 197 and see how i get on but i'll doubt it'll be an issue tbh.... 2009 is the year for it

Audi TT 3.2 V6
The doors on a 3 door car are bigger than a 5 door car which i guess could make it easier to get kids in and out of the back?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
5 dr golf gt tdi 170 bhp job done much better than a sport

Really? In what way? the fact it has 5 doors? Golfs are very overpriced for what they are imo. If your going down the diesel hatchback route then you may as well get an astra cdti 150. Alot better value for money from what ive seen.

Last edited:
Keep it. I don't understand the modern trend of selling everything the minute you have a baby and buying a house on wheels. My parents always used to manage with normal cars.

Keep the Clio and buy a cheap 5 door if you can afford it. You'll/other half will do your back in getting the child in to the back, especially as they get bigger. Plus with 3 doors, as the doors are longer, in a tight space, eg, a regular parking supermarket parking bay (as all the family bays will be taken up by those with no kids!!:mad:) the opening is actually smaller as the door can't open as wide as narrower door of a 5 door car. This is in my experience with 3 kids. I have a Trophy the kids have the Ford CMax.

Oh congratulations BTW!