ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do I use a Maguires lambs wool mitt or sponge or what.

Clio 04 172 Cup
What is the best thing to be using to wash the car with.

I have been using a sponge up until now but Im not sure what the best thing is to be doing as I was in Halfords checking out the Maguires range and they have a lambs wool mitt but I have to say it felt a bit rough to say the least!

I bought all the other Maguires brush's to clean the wheels and the interior but was not at all sure about the mitt thing as it felt a little abrassive to say the least. Im sure it would be fine its not like they are going to sell something that would scratch your car but is thier something else that other people have found better. I am falling for the Maguires range of accessories but will always be a Auto Glym fan its just they dont do much on the accessories side other than the Aqua dry, Aqua blade, perfect polishing cloths, Hi tech finishing cloth Microfibre Red one and the Blue shampoo pad which I all have and I very much like but they dont seem to do anything for actually washing the car.

Mondeo STTDCI
Sponges are SO 1980's IMO.

The mitts are better at preventing swirls. Sponges just carry the s**t on the surface.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Lambwools mitt for me all the way mate . I only use a sponge to wash off all the crap on my wheels .

106 GTi
Not used a Megs lambswool Mitt, but if it felt rough I would have left it to ... would have still been better than a sponge for your paint though!

Did you notice the grey Halfords own Lambswool Mitts, they all seem fairly soft in general, but I picked up one last year that felt like the Meguiars ones you picked up.

Clio 04 172 Cup
Halfords in Chippenham dont have the best selection should have gone to Swindon but had to be back for Mother's day dinner. I did pick up a odd kind off sponge like thing it was rectangular and had fibres on it like a mop but white.

Last edited:
  Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Yeah that mop thing is pretty s**t lol, I bought one :(.

I'll be buying the Meguiars Mitt next, I'm sure it's great, they wouldn't make it other wise.

Clio 04 172 Cup
Yea, now that I have looked at it again it looks like trouble the mop thing I got. I will take a trip to the big city (Swindon) and get a Maguires mitt.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i find the mitt a right pain to use though, i use a sponge but use the two bucket method

works for me!

106 GTi
Use the mitt like a sponge, I do - cant be doing with wearing it.

Two bucket method using a sponge is still going to risk damage to your paint.

Clio 04 172 Cup
Should you still use the 2 bucket method regardless

I have just ordered a Maguires lambs wool mitt of a seller on ebay for £9.99 inc delivery

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
hhmmm might give that a try, i've got the meguires mitt, but when its full of water imo it just becomes a pain to use