ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

do you own a clio 200 read on

GT 86
Following on from my post STOP steering fault.

Some may have read it some not, to cut a long story short if you haven't, my car came up with the above and complete loss of power steering, diagnosed independently as a failed EPS, then confirmed by Renault as the same.

Total cost for job £1450, though Renault have paid 50% in fairness to them as my car is 3 1/2 years old with 27000 miles, so out of warranty. Still leaves me £700+ out of pocket.

The repair requires a complete steering column.

My main point is that after speaking with Renault again today they initially told me there was no issue however when pressed there would appear to be an issue with the EPS system on 2009 to 2012 Clio 200's. Strangely enough they seem to be failing just outside of warranty. Maybe there was a bad batch manufactured.

So if your car is coming to the end of its warranty just a heads up that there could be a problem ( this part is NOT covered under extended warranties).

Also a consideration if you are thinking of buying a 200.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
I wish I'd seen your other thread. I had this on my 1.2 MK3 last year. The car was only about 6 months old at the time. Was an intermittent fault, took it into Renault to get the fault codes read, not expecting anything to come of it. Came back to me half an hour later saying it required a new steering column and that " We have the required parts in stock due to another vehicle being booked in for this job at the end of the week".
It looks like it's a fault over the whole of the MK3 phase 2 models rather than just the 200's.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Countless steering racks have been faulty
Countless drop links
Countless pinch bolt repairs in the column-

& so the list goes on-

Problem with RUK- never admit anything.

They are still denying that the 1*2 steering wheels dont melt.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
isn't that what happens with cheap cars though? they fail? try looking after a 20 year old one............not much of that left, let alone any in warranty!lol!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I love my PH1 but i would not have any Clio as a daily or a Renault come to think of it.