ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do you want a Dent Man/Autoglass @ CSS?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
One of the things we are considering is having a dent guy (and possibly getting autoglass to come down) for CSS.

If we can generate enough GENUINE interest this could be a very cheap way of getting your dents and digs removed.

Remember this service would not be free and from what I've seen in the past would be around £25-30 per car. Would this be something you are interested in?

I thought i'd ask now, because if we arrange this and nobody takes advantage its a waste of everyone's time.

As for Autoglass, this is a great idea due to the low cost so i'll get on to them asap.

PH1 iceburg
Re: Dent Man/Autoglass @ CSS

Great idea. Theres probably a few people from FCS sporting a few dings from the wind catching peoples doors.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Note the keywords in Toms post "Genuine interest". We don't want to arrange this for 2 people to have their cars sorted as it will be waste of everyones time.

Got a few tiny dents on my passenger door I want rid of. And a couple of chips in my windscreen so interested in both being there.

Thanks for arranging this.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Be very interested. The guy however may not be!

My rear passenger wing has a couple. I'd be willing to even go £40 for a good job.

If you need payment/pictures for the dent man before hand to give a solid quote just fire me a pm. :)

I've not used a service like this before but it this to remove dents from fat people letting their doors knock into yours in car parks?

If so I have one on each door so would be 100% up for it.

I'd be interested in this. For £30 a car, I assume they do all the major ones?

I've got quite a few dents from retards you can't open their door properly :(

SG9 Forester STi

I'll definitely be on the dent mans list. Very good idea!

Owen

ClioSport Admin

Definite interest from me, I have a massive dent in the drivers door.

Got quoted £60 locally, so any cheaper and I'm in and happy to pay deposit if required.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG

Be very interested. The guy however may not be!

My rear passenger wing has a couple. I'd be willing to even go £40 for a good job.

If you need payment/pictures for the dent man before hand to give a solid quote just fire me a pm. :)

Don't you work for a bodyshop?

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i

There are around 7 tiny dents in my paint, if the cost is good I'd be interested

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Indeed but my car has original paint on it and I hate painting anyones car if I can avoid it.

Also the guy I/we use is probably one of the best in the business but i'm sure he's more expensive so wait and see what comes of it i'm not desperate.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG

If it's anything like the dent men that touched my car at a cs meet a couple of years ago I wouldn't bother again, but saying that soume people have had some good experiences.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Did you pay him after he did a bad job?

When I purchase a service I expect them to do things right. I don't care if it's mcDonald's I expect you to do your job right.

If you brought your car to me and I didn't paint it the right colour you wouldn't accept it so why is it seen as acceptable to accept substandard work in other industries?

I'm a customer from hell!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG

Lol I couldn't be asked tbh but long story short.. I had small dent I needed replacing and I wanted my front bump strips painting. He charged me £145 and basically all the paint fell off as it wasn't rubbed down primered or indeed painted behind the numberplate. Also the dent was more noticeable after he finished lol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Ah so you're talking about a smart repair guy and we're all talking about a paintless dent removal man.

Smart repairs suck utter balls. All of them.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG

Same thing to me mate lol they we're claiming to be both iirc

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

One paints cars the other doesn't.

Smart repair men need shot. :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

Ivgot like 5 small ones if its £30 to get those removed im more than up for it!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member

I've got 2 little dents on my door frame that need looking at, so I'd be interested.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Isn't it usually £30-£40 per panel, not per car?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

It would need to be advertised on per panel, per dent or per car...

also, what would/wouldn't be covered as I've a big line where some t**t on the car park at work has walloped my car and left a line which goes in slightly, but you can see it.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

If the guy is doing 1 car on one day it might be. But 100+ potential customers? Would you charge per panel?
Anyway, it might be tricky to please everyone so this may not happen.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

All the local guys round here charge £35 per car plus vat for trade.

Privates are £30 per panel.

Obviously if theres going to be 10+ cars at CSS for the dent man to do, then he'll be charging trade if he's got any common sense.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member

I'm up for getting dents removed. I've had three on the drivers's side since I bought the car

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

I reckon that if 30 people say they're interested, 4 will actually go ahead with it.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Well we will try to get a guy to come along, its down to you lot to take advantage.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Some rough pricing would be good Tom from the guy even before hand.

No one wants to turn up and the guy asks for £75 a dent.

I'll get a price from the guy up here tomorrow see what he says.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

I will ring someone tomorrow, i've been busy today so not had chance.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Yeah, we are calling a few guys. Will let you know.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

If the guy is doing 1 car on one day it might be. But 100+ potential customers? Would you charge per panel?
Anyway, it might be tricky to please everyone so this may not happen.

True.

I'm sure at FCS when they had one in 2009 it was per panel. But then again FCS probably weren't bothered about it being a good deal for us, just another trader to them.