ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does anyone know this RB 182 ?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  F56 MINI Cooper S
no, only 17k belts need doing at 72k, no where near it, although i've asked them just awaiting back from them. I dont expect them to come back saying they are anyway

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  F56 MINI Cooper S
need doing every 5 years so it's not exactly been well maintained if they're not done..

if its only covered low mileage they wont need doing after 5 years. just common sense really. if it had done 72k in those 5 years then ye I agree they would need doing

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
He's just trolling guys, leave him. He knows what the intervals are.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  RB 182 FF
I can't believe from a poor quality photo that people have concluded this car is crash damaged, such rubbish is spoken on forums along with useful stuff to be fair! Maybe the bumper got scratched at some point like nearly every 7 year old car with the odd battle scar.....???!!! Unless you go and view it you won't know and also the mileage can't be judged without looking at the history.... It's not overly high particularly for the age and if it's had oil changes every 6k using top oils it would be way better than a 40k car that's been neglected.....surely....?!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  F56 MINI Cooper S
well I wouldnt be paying out unecassry money if they didnt need doing, if they are its a bonus. i would go by mileage than years, my fiesta is due at 10yrs or 100k but it will get done by mileage

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  F56 MINI Cooper S

i know the intervals, 5 years or 72k. if its only done a 1/4 of the RECOMMENDED mileage it wont have worn, its like replacing tyres after 2000 miles even though the cars been sitting there for a year or so, pointless

Trader Rating - 96.7%
29   1   0
  RS6 C7
i know the intervals, 5 years or 72k. if its only done a 1/4 of the RECOMMENDED mileage it wont have worn, its like replacing tyres after 2000 miles even though the cars been sitting there for a year or so, pointless

You are possibly the single most retarded person I have seen on this forum since that chale kid. Enjoy your snapped belts ;)

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  BMW 330ci
I dont wanna spend near £6000 on one though, I aint too fussed about mileage, long as everything is sweet, got service history, belts done etc. Looking to pay around £4000 max. I would prefer higher mileage, like 60,000 onwards, because like people say its been run in, long as it aint been run in by some chav ragging it round, or round a track.

With regards to the belts, I think I would just get them done ASAP to be on the safe side, rather get them done, than risk it and then it all go tits up.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  RB 182 FF
I dont wanna spend near £6000 on one though, I aint too fussed about mileage, long as everything is sweet, got service history, belts done etc. Looking to pay around £4000 max. I would prefer higher mileage, like 60,000 onwards, because like people say its been run in, long as it aint been run in by some chav ragging it round, or round a track.

With regards to the belts, I think I would just get them done ASAP to be on the safe side, rather get them done, than risk it and then it all go tits up.

Sounds like sense your talking there Brad:) Hope you find a good one, 4k should get you a lovely one if you hold out for the right one!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awaiting to hear on that, but they wont need doing with only 17k on the clock anyway

I'm sorry, HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN ON THIS FORUM LOL? Beggars belief.

If I had a pound for every time "72k or 5 years" has been written on this forum...

Can you actually read or do you just guess at what all these words people write mean? Fair enough - I completely understodd those who prefer the perceived security of lower mileage cars, but stating the mileage on the advert is the only "fact" you've got right in this entire thread.

EDIT:

DEAR JORDI

Rubber deteriorates FACT!

Have you got it yet?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  BMW 330ci
Sounds like sense your talking there Brad:) Hope you find a good one, 4k should get you a lovely one if you hold out for the right one!

Thanks mate lol. Just want to be careful with buying my first sport, just want it all to be right, and working so I can enjoy owning my first sport. And got plenty of time to find one, just over a month.

If anyone knows of a mint RB for sale with service history, etc. Give us a PM Thanks :D

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  BMW 330ci
On a 2005 plate, it's 2 years overdue. For the sake of £500 it's not worth taking the risk of the belt snapping and taking the engine with it...

Common-sense, I speak it in this case.
Yup would rather pay that out in the first case, get it all running sweet then I can relax and not have the worry of it taking the engine and costing me £££££

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  RB 182 FF
Thanks mate lol. Just want to be careful with buying my first sport, just want it all to be right, and working so I can enjoy owning my first sport. And got plenty of time to find one, just over a month.

If anyone knows of a mint RB for sale with service history, etc. Give us a PM Thanks :D

I've just bought my first one 2 weeks ago and it was owned by a forum member with nice mods and I paid over the odds for it but I don't even care because I couldn't find a better one anywhere!! If you see one with everything in place and spot on don't be afraid to pay over the odds if you can afford it, 182's seem very undervalued on here to be honest, especially FF RB's which are hard to find full stop..! I've loved every minute of my 182 so far and can't wait to drive it next!!:)

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
FLOL at some of the shi*t spouted in here! Mine is on 91K (the car, not the belts) and going strong (I hope). Also sod off paying £5,750 for a boggo 182. They are worth peanuts these days.

To the OP, there are some really tidy cars in the classified on here. I'd be in a better place if someone had told me that when I was buying. As a private buyer you can pick up a decent 182 with under 80k from 3000-3500 or a good condition low miler for 3500-4000 in my opinion. If money is an issue and with the value dropping out of them I'd also be inclined to look at the cheaper end of the market if you are mechanically minded and/or consider a good condition and well looked after 172 as there are some utter bargains on here at the mo and 182's will only be heading that way very soon.

I'll console myself with that thought...

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  BMW 330ci
I've just bought my first one 2 weeks ago and it was owned by a forum member with nice mods and I paid over the odds for it but I don't even care because I couldn't find a better one anywhere!! If you see one with everything in place and spot on don't be afraid to pay over the odds if you can afford it, 182's seem very undervalued on here to be honest, especially FF RB's which are hard to find full stop..! I've loved every minute of my 182 so far and can't wait to drive it next!!:)

yeah wouldnt mind getting one of here tbf, because you can see how its been treated, and most people on here seem nice and genuine so would give you as much info as you needed. And would sometimes come with nice mods. I am really hoping to get an RB, that is my favourite colour, and after looking at some examples on here makes me want one even more, and to get one ASAP lol.
FLOL at some of the shi*t spouted in here! Mine is on 91K (the car, not the belts) and going strong (I hope). Also sod off paying £5,750 for a boggo 182. They are worth peanuts these days.

To the OP, there are some really tidy cars in the classified on here. I'd be in a better place if someone had told me that when I was buying. As a private buyer you can pick up a decent 182 with under 80k from 3000-3500 or a good condition low miler for 3500-4000 in my opinion. If money is an issue and with the value dropping out of them I'd also be inclined to look at the cheaper end of the market if you are mechanically minded and/or consider a good condition and well looked after 172 as there are some utter bargains on here at the mo and 182's will only be heading that way very soon.

I'll console myself with that thought...

Im not bothered about the mileage, long as belts been done as I know thats a common problem. Also as long as it had a good service history. And I wouldnt pay that for a clio 182 tbh. Apart from a trophy.

yeah I have been looking around the classifieds and some tidy cars. Yeah thats about my budget tbh <£4000. I really want an RB 182 tbh, and I know if I didnt get an RB I think I would regret it :\.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0

My tyres have 5mm left on them. I'll still be changing them as the compound isn't up to the task anymore.

Enjoy your new car when you get it.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  RB 182 FF
Definitely get a RB Brad!:) It is an awesome colour and mine gets loads of stares and all my mates love the colour as well. Just hold out for a mint FF one and then enjoy it!:) I'll put pics of mine up soon to wet ur appetite even more!!!:)

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Out of curiosity (not arguing) how did you arrive at 8k a year being average mileage, and 6k for the first two? Have I missed something or is this just gauged from your (years of!) experience with RS Clios?

12k average a year- so 24 for 2 years then according to the stats 8k a year is the post 2 year average
S

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  BMW 330ci
I wanted RB. I settled for black. I regret it lol!

Good luck in the search dude!

I don't really wanna settle for anything else as its the only colour I really love. So defo want an RB lol.

Definitely get a RB Brad!:) It is an awesome colour and mine gets loads of stares and all my mates love the colour as well. Just hold out for a mint FF one and then enjoy it!:) I'll put pics of mine up soon to wet ur appetite even more!!!:)

I am gonna lol. Really want one just looks an awesome colour. Yeah I would like a FF one tbf. Yeah do it mate would like to see as many RBs As I can lol. Makes me want one now though lol

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  F56 MINI Cooper S
I'm sorry, HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN ON THIS FORUM LOL? Beggars belief.

If I had a pound for every time "72k or 5 years" has been written on this forum...

Can you actually read or do you just guess at what all these words people write mean? Fair enough - I completely understodd those who prefer the perceived security of lower mileage cars, but stating the mileage on the advert is the only "fact" you've got right in this entire thread.

EDIT:

i know the intervals as said, if it was an 05 on 50/60 k then ye Id agree, that they'd need doing, but SEVENTEEN is uber low, i dont think its essential they are done or not, but like i said each to their own.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  BMW 330ci
Its now sold, anyone on here bought it ?

Also anyone know any good RB's for sale, not too far from Birmingham ?