ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Doom 3 wont work with windows 7 64 bit???

Jap Shed
doom 3 demo wont work, everytime i launch it windows tells me its stopped working and searches for a soloution, i have latest updates and drivers - also latest drivers for windows.

any ideas?

R26
Try running it in compatibility mode, right click the shortcut, go to properties, go to compatibility tab and try windows xp or vista sp2

Astra CDTI SRI
Yup.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 59

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Try running it in compatibility mode, right click the shortcut, go to properties, go to compatibility tab and try windows xp or vista sp2

That should fix it. I remember it didn't work with Vista either, unless you ran it in compatibility mode....

https://activision.custhelp.com/cgi...F9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD12aXN0YQ!!&p_li=&p_topview=1

So 7 has xp mode built in then?

Only the Professional version has, iirc. And its shat. A clever half-baked attempt by Microsoft to provide a token gesture for XP, but ideally wanting to get people off XP.

It works.... kind of, and its far from fool-proof.

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
XP Mode is Virtual PC with a full blown version of XP as a guest image, hardly half baked.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/features/windows-xp-mode.aspx?tabid=2&catid=5

Aye, what he said. Windows XP Mode is f**king ace. Enables me to run Windows XP/Office 2003 to recreate any issues users experience without having to put up with that s**t on a daily basis.

You guys must be lucky - we've just ended up recreating issues and problems on a full blown XP machine instead! :)

And lets face it - its not in MSoft's interest to keep people hankering-on for a 9-year-old O/S. Probably why they omitted it from the mass-market Home Premium Edition of 7?

D.

Better than yours. C*nt.
You guys must be lucky - we've just ended up recreating issues and problems on a full blown XP machine instead! :)

And lets face it - its not in MSoft's interest to keep people hankering-on for a 9-year-old O/S. Probably why they omitted it from the mass-market Home Premium Edition of 7?

D.

Because Business users can't always afford to let legacy stuff go, which is why it's there... Home users have to suck up and get in with the times!