ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drivers Side Window Auto Up

Clio rs Gordini
You know when you flick the switch to close the window automatically.... Mine isn't working :boring:

The passenger side is working fine, flick the switch take your finger off and its continues to close the windows itself but the drivers side I'm having to hold my finger on the switch.

Its auto downs (excuse the terminology). Could this be a faultly switch or is it something I'm doing? Anyone else had this issue?

I've got a 10 plate rs

there was a thread on here a little while back to fix this. i had to do it myself, cant remember for the life of me exactly what it was but i think its:

put window all the way up and hold switch for 2secs, then all the way down and hold for 2 secs, try and again and should work

failing that a search will bring it up

Clio 3 1.4 16v
there is one question.. do you have both impulse switches for windows...
or does the passenger windows can do it.. i think not :)
mine passenger windows also cant close by "it self" after one push. i need to press it until the windows close.

Clio rs Gordini
My passenger size is fine, it auto opens and auto closes no problem. It seems to be my drivers nmside that is having the issue.

I have tried doing the reset thing. You know holding it closed or holding the switch while it's open but nothing. Maybe it's something with the regulator or motor or something. :/

172 cup
My 172 cup passenger side doesn't auto flick, not sure if this is how it's meant to be so also would like to know the fix for this

Clio rs Gordini
I'm getting my mate that works for Renault to have a look for me whether it's the motor or switch that's playing up.

I'm wondering if it's anything to do with the battery. My battery is quite old now and I've heard the it can be because if the battery runs out or loses power then the window forgets how open or closed it is. If the battery is not producing enough power to retain this setting then maybe that's why is throwing a wobberly. Just a theory.

Cilo 182
Mine works only when he wants, after reading this topic i tried that 2 sec thing above, sometimes it works sometimes not. I think ill have to clean the connections... Ill try to get out the buttons tomorrow, if anything changes ill write a comment.

edit: btw i changed the battery 2 months ago, mine was from 2004 and it doesnt affects the auto-up function for me...
on my 182 the auto-up function worked only on the driver side.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Mine doesn't have auto on the passenger side either, so I'd assume it is normal.
Mine doesn't either on my 182 , but it did on my 172 . Iirc , there was a thread about it years ago and it turned out most 1*2's didn't have the auto function on the passenger side window . Something to do about safety and not trapping a passengers hands , head etc .... if the driver operated the window .

Cilo 182
Well i tried to clean the connections but nothing happend. Its still the same, if it wants to work it works...

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I've seen on some (admittedly on other Renault models) they can be re synched by holding the button up for say 3-4 seconds with the window up