ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driveshafts

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
There always seems to be posts looking for driveshaft information, i recently contacted shaftec about various shafts and received the following part numbers back for the varying clios.

Clio 172 cup (1 piece offside shaft)
LHS = R209AL
RHS = R209AR

Clio 172 (2 piece offiside shaft) 8mm thick ABS ring
LHS = R209AL
RHS = R218AR

Clio 182 (2 piece offside shaft) 15mm thick ABS ring
LHS = R396L
RHS = R396R

PH2 172
There always seems to be posts looking for driveshaft information, i recently contacted shaftec about various shafts and received the following part numbers back for the varying clios.

Clio 172 cup (1 piece offside shaft)
LHS = R209AL
RHS = R209AR

Clio 172 (2 piece offiside shaft) 8mm thick ABS ring
LHS = R209AL
RHS = R218AR

Clio 182 (2 piece offside shaft) 15mm thick ABS ring
LHS = R396L
RHS = R396R

PH2 172 left hand shaft should be R218AL I believe.
182 with 15mm ABS ring is for cup packed cars.

RB 182 FF
I believe the only weak link on my cup pack 182 is the drive shafts.... I wouldn't mind replacing both, can anyone with experience point me to the right ones and retailers and for the best price please....?:smile:

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
Prices will depend heavily on your local motorfactors, Dingbro and TMS motorspares both quoted me around £90 per shaft.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ring them mate, just to confirm the part.

I have a nearside from them and have had for about 12 months with no issues.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
yeah I think I will mate, just out of interest was yours a 182 cup/full fat then? 50 quid is a bit more easy to swallow than the price of genuine shafts if they can even get them anymore!

RB 182 FF
K-tec do (or did) renault shafts if you're worried about oem...You get money back for exchange as well, not cheap but I went with that because oem...:up:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
yeah I think I will mate, just out of interest was yours a 182 cup/full fat then? 50 quid is a bit more easy to swallow than the price of genuine shafts if they can even get them anymore!

Mine is a full fat mate

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah - Renault OEM prices are a bit crazy. I went that route, purely for peace of mind if they didn't fit - I didn't want the garage charging me for labour on something that was not going to work in the first place.

Silly expensive - I'm sure mine were north of £300 and I got about £90 back when I handed my old ones in. The splines on the driver's side input shaft were shagged to say the least.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Thanks for the help, I’m going to give these guys a call today and see what they have in stock.
Need to get a new abs sensor for it too as that was literally stuck in the hub, had to cut the top off and smash the innards out with a hammer and punch

PH2 172
182 Front ABS sensor should have 2 female pins Bosch 0265 006383, oe 7700411745, about £30 on eBay.

Attachments

• ABS DF6 FRONT SENSOR 7700411747.jpg
    ABS DF6 FRONT SENSOR 7700411747.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 66
  • ABS DF6 FRONT SENSOR BOSCH 0265 006 383 7700411747 7700415681.jpg
    ABS DF6 FRONT SENSOR BOSCH 0265 006 383 7700411747 7700415681.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 64
  Inferno 182 & Saxo
Thanks chaps, spoke to j&r but they apparently only do one passenger shaft for the 182 and they don’t allow customers to speak to the tech guys anymore. I’ll wait a bit for a reply but I wonder if it’s worth a punt ordering the one on the eBay link

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PH2 172
Thanks chaps, spoke to j&r but they apparently only do one passenger shaft for the 182 and they don’t allow customers to speak to the tech guys anymore. I’ll wait a bit for a reply but I wonder if it’s worth a punt ordering the one on the eBay link

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It will come with 2ABS rings 44T, 7.5 or 15mm wide.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Well it’s arrived and seems to fit the hub which is good. The abs ring is a lot thinner than standard but has the correct amount of teeth at least, the other ring looks the same width but far more teeth. No point me fitting it yet as my gearbox oil order hasn’t shown up so I’ll just wait until it shows up. Would like get it fitted before the snow hits though - do not want to be freezing when doing it

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Just having a look at the abs rings now, the number of teeth match just fine yet the ring itself is much narrower than the standard one (probably about a third of the width).
The ring with more teeth (which I assume is for other variants of the car) is wider but still not as wide as the standard/Renault item.
Has anyone fitted it with the supplied thin abs ring and it worked fine? I’d rather not get it all together and find the abs is throwing a wobbly as the hall sensor can’t see the ring.
Suppose I could tap on the old abs ring if all else fails...

Inferno 182 & Saxo
f2c1d218214ab6eed7cb5ce5118d820f.jpg

For future reference or those who might be curious - from the right
what came on the drive shaft so the thinnest ring same number of teeth as original,
Middle is the spare ring supplied by j and r - incorrect amount of teeth for my car but wider than the ring on the shaft
Far left and dirty is your standard abs ring from a genuine Renault shaft