ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drum n Bass

1.2 16v (Race Spec)

can sum1 recommend a sub (make, model and size) that would be suitable to play Drum n Bass and have loud bass, not expensive but not any old sh*t! ta! Say whats on ur mind!

well i got 2 x 10" boxed subs (used) and a new audiobose 4 channel 1700watt amp off ebay for around £150 and they are f*kin loud... just do a bit of research and wait for some bargins to come up !

msn: mailto:alex@nemesisforce.com">alex@nemesisforce.com

Ziel Nurburgring

Ive got the Mac Audio twin 10" active box. Sounded Pukka in my 306 cab (sealed boot) and reckon it will sound unbelieveable in my clio. all for £220 and its tiny!

ive got 2 12" rockford subs (cant remember what ones off the top of my head, cost bout 250 each) in sealed boxes, running off an alpine 500w monoamp, i no the amp isnt amazingly great but i play alot of d n b and its loud as hell, sounds sweet too thanks to the rockford components n rears as well.

mike

Mk4 golf gti

imho u av 2 go 4 a 12 or 15 and maybe even ported because drum and bass has low longish bass rather then pumping hard bass like trance

Mk2 Golf GTI

hmmm, im not convinced by that at all because my mate has a 15" Kicker in his car but it is really out of time with some of the b-lines. I was listening to an Andy C cd last night and some of the bass notes are long but then other tunes have a quick, pumping note. I wouldnt go for anything bigger than a 12 but a 10 would still be my preference

Mk2 Golf GTI

Quote: Originally posted by spirez on 25 October 2003

Id go for a 10" vibe active box myself, the old ones are about £150 now and the newer black air version is about £180. Comes with a sub, tuned box and amp to match and saves a lot of boot space as well as not having to look for a decent amp to match

http://www.vibeaudio.co.uk/vibe.asp?pageID=47http://www.vibeaudio.co.uk/vibe.asp?pageID=47

Darren look at these, they are loud and punchy and are good for keeping up with fast beats. I have had one and they are excellent, You get a good 300w* sub, tuned ported box and a built in 300w* monoblock amplifier so you dont have to find a decent amp to match, THIS IS ALL YOU NEED!! You can pick them up for £150-£200 if you look around on the net. Try Ebay for a bargain.

*These ratings are RMS so it has 600w max power

my mates got 4 12" kenny subs and he always plays drum and bass so they are good (obv dont need that many!)

or kickers always good cos they go down so low

vix :)

for £200 sub and amp to suit, for DnB

i would have to go with

Diamond CM3-12D2

for an amp to match it i would go for the

Phase Linear Opus 2

would cost near on £600 though

ok, im planning to get

polk momos mm455 comps for the front

infinity 52.5 coaxials for rear fill

need an amp(s) and a sub for good sound quality playing mainly DnB with a budget of £450 ish..

all suggestions welcome...:)

Mk2 Golf GTI

ive got two 10" vibe subs for sale for £100 if you are interested but you will need to get an amp to power them, ill try to get some pics if you want

Phase all the way

didnt realise you would look at a 10"er :eek:

find a different amp than the Mac to power it though

could do, if youve got the extra to spend

but then again, in the same market you have diamond for the same price as the PL HG12

Mk2 Golf GTI

i dont rate that MAC amp as my mate had one and he managed to blow it twice. the thing is he doesnt play his music especially loud and only had one sub and a pair of 6x9s running off it.

Mk2 Golf GTI

darren what are you going to be powering off the amp? Just a sub or do you have other speakers?

Quote: Originally posted by darren_hg on 30 October 2003
Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 30 October 2003IMHO yes, maybe not the best, but the most flexible[/QUOTE]flexible in what way ??

the sub wont be very accurate, will hit the low notes but will not have the same control as a 10"er would have for the fast punchy basslines