ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

E85 3.0 Z4 Roadster Project

Good job on the wheels.

There's something about it though that I don't like. It just seems a bit 'meh' to me. Doesn't really look quite as purposeful as it should/could.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It's the offset. H&R springs and some 20mm spacers would sort that.

It's not like it's a track weapon, I'd rather it looked amazing that be a purist's device.

Plain plates would help too. :eek:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Christ, it really needed that refurb eh!

Looks great! How's the paint condition, generally?

Tell me about it, the paint work's great, the front bumper could do with a re-paint, which may come in a month or two, but that's about it. Overall it's bloody excellent for age/mileage!

Why's that? Fancy polishing it? ;)

Good job on the wheels.

There's something about it though that I don't like. It just seems a bit 'meh' to me. Doesn't really look quite as purposeful as it should/could.

Cuts deep dude... I personally love it, think it looks pretty decent really, especially now it's all fresh etc... top down and away I go!

It's the offset. H&R springs and some 20mm spacers would sort that.

It's not like it's a track weapon, I'd rather it looked amazing that be a purist's device.

Plain plates would help too. :eek:

Everyone creams themselves over plates, it's a numberplate FFS!

If I go down the springs route, it'll be eibachs and there will be CSL wheels involved.

Cuts deep dude... I personally love it, think it looks pretty decent really, especially now it's all fresh etc... top down and away I go!

Don't get me wrong; It's a lovely car. And like you've said, people presume it's a lot more expensive than it is.

I just think it's missing something.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Not taking anything away from Robert's pics but it does look far better and more aggressive in the flesh. Awesome looking thing IMO.

I don't know what it's missing. I can't quite work out what.

It's possibly a combination of a dull colour (Yeah, mines dull too) and the wheels.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Not taking anything away from Robert's pics but it does look far better and more aggressive in the flesh. Awesome looking thing IMO.

iPhone photos FTW. I'm no photographer.. I just crop in PS in an attempt to make anything look half decent. I must say they really don't do it justice.

I don't know what it's missing. I can't quite work out what.

It's possibly a combination of a dull colour (Yeah, mines dull too) and the wheels.

Silver is my favourite car colour (can you tell?) IMO it makes cars look newer!

IRL it does look better, you'll see.

Yup, plain plates are a small thing, but for the sake of £15 they make a huge difference.

Maybe, if I'm bored with £15 in my pocket, I'll pop to dagenham market.

EDIT: Oh and nice swerve on the polish comment.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Needs plain plates. Freshen up!

Wheels look superb mate, big difference especially when you're looking after it they piss you off when they're crap. Looking sweet now! :)

I followed a Z3 non M Cabrio the other day for about 5 miles, my god it looks s**t and dated. Z4 ftw!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers Kev. The z4 certainly looks a lot more up to date, and apart from the plate this car really doesn't look its age anymore!

I even got some reflections in my pictures, though of you and your polishing ways! :eek:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I think it needs a private plate.

It's not like it's a track weapon

z4.jpg

:evil:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'd have it in a heart beat if it were W34PON

All reg plate ideas are welcome.. I actually really want one.

Rob, or Strode or anything.

ST12ODE is available for a new vehicle, that's my god damn plate!!!!!!

Last edited:
  Z4
Looking much better mate, I'm actually quite liking these wheels now haha.

Csls would be better, but your car does look nicely oem from outside now so I'd probably leave it!
if it were black/grey with read leather seats CSLs would look sick

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Looking much better mate, I'm actually quite liking these wheels now haha.

Csls would be better, but your car does look nicely oem from outside now so I'd probably leave it!
if it were black/grey with read leather seats CSLs would look sick

Cheers mate, the more pictures I see with the CSL's, the more I want them. For now I do love how fresh it looks.

Very nice Rob. Get some new genuine BMW center caps, £40 odd but worth the money!

£40? No hope!!!

What's the difference really?

White clique
Looks great so far Rob, i personally dont think number plates will make it look any "newer".

These cars look excellent (at their best) with the roof down, so take some pics with roof off today and post up!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Looks great so far Rob, i personally dont think number plates will make it look any "newer".

These cars look excellent (at their best) with the roof down, so take some pics with roof off today and post up!

I agree with you on both accounts there mate. I'll try to take some pics with the roof down today.

New number plates will be done, but they're not a priority. They would be if all the black was running etc.

It's still getting:
New interior mats
Roof clean
Exhaust polish

Looks slow...

Such a tosser.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Not the best pictures, but some with the top down from yesterday:

(Sorry they're in some horrible busy car park, I was at college and couldn't see anywhere empty)

9o.jpg

9q.jpg

9p.jpg

9r.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I facking love it with the top down, sun shimmering on the Silver.... baller' for the summer!

Lack of centre caps is killing me though!

Looking good mate. Finally took the hard top off ours last night and I forgot how good it looked with the roof down, and how much fun it was to drive with the roof down to!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Genuine fake eBay specials direct from China with the added slip inside the package saying "Please no leave feedback bad with not the e-mail first discuss. Thanks please."???