ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Easter Meet :) Sunday 8th April.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Ok,was coming back through lichfield following sean(silverstone gp clio),along the a461(which is a 60mph road)as we both rounded a corner there was temp traffic lights on red and several cars waiting.....sean hits the brakes to stop...i hit mine too but wasnt going to stop in time,couldnt go into the other lane as there was oncoming traffic so had to go into the grass/dirt on the side.

Although my car ate some dirt and a traffic cone,i also managed to thump a concrete post(luckily wasnt cemented in)which has caused scratches,bumper split....broken track rod and hopefully not much more..oh and the alloy is a gonner too,buckled and cracked.

Last edited:

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Ok,was coming back through lichfield following sean(silverstone gp clio),along the a461(which is a 60mph road)as we both rounded a corner there was temp traffic lights on red and several cars waiting.....sean hits the brakes to stop...i hit mine too but wasnt going to stop in time,couldnt go into the other lane as there was oncoming traffic so had to go into the grass/dirt on the side.

Although my car ate some dirt and a traffic cone,i also managed to thump a concrete post(luckily wasnt cemented in)which has caused scratches,bumper split....broken track rod and hopefully not much more..oh and the alloy is a gonner too,buckled and cracked.

Ouch :(

f**king hell mate, I know its not the best news, but it could have been a lot worse.

Four Ashes Renault can sort body parts out...and T21ADS on here is recommended for the Renault mechanical parts you might require.

Hope you manage to get it sorted out as cost effectively as possible.

secret
:0 thats gutting mate. Atlease u and ur passenger are ok. Cant believe that at all. I have a front bumper if u need in ( in pb ) but sold my spare f1 a few weeks ago so cant help u there. U need any help let me know

There shouldnt be lights on a corner like that surely !!??

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
The sign for the lights were on the corner but you cant brake at 60 on a corner.I got a local garage in walsall to come and pick up the clio,going to recieve a quote on tuesday.I f i need any parts then i`ll be sure to give you a bell.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Was unreal,....it was...sign...corner...lights..brake...avoid...dirt..stopped.If you are on the a461 the lights are right by the old pumping station.