ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

eBay seller attitude

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...and this is the reason why I'll give serious consideration to not bothering come renewal time.

He invited opinions and thoughts and ends up being on the receiving end of very childish abuse.

FFS, grow up. It's no wonder this place is a complete mess full of f***ing retards these days when this is the sort of responses people get.

My opinion and thought is that the OP didnt need to create a thread over something so f**king trivial. He is clearly very sensitive. Maybe I'll post a thread every time I come across someone a bit shirty?

"I posted in a thread and MarkCup got angry with me :( What should I do?"

See. Pathetic.

LOL it's funny because you think I am acting like a woman!

Because woman are over emotional and stupid!

LOLZ

I'm really not sure what I said that got peoples backs up.

That's sexist.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets be honest, the thread was a little petty in the first place. He is getting annoyed over being told to jog on after asking for a 30% discount on a car. Then saying the guy replied like a "c**t" essentially. Which in my eyes, although a little short is far from c**tish. Especially with the amount of tards you get on ebay. You were probably in a long line of low offers.

If that (and this thread) has annoyed you, life must be a struggle. Nobody's got their backs up. Just on the wind up..

Edit, beaten to say pretty much the same thing as Banther.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  PH1 172
Time for my say, saying as it was my car and my ebay listing

For starters, this was my first ebay listing, I wasn't exactly sure what I was doing, I have had many people (Not just from ebay) offer me offers like yours and I have simply said no to the point where I was getting fed up with people like yourself hence for my reply, I'm sorry for my grammar mistake in my reply also, I was at work and very a very busy boy this morning!

I did find your offer a little offensive too be honest, specially when i have just forked out for what I was asking for the car in the space of a copy of months, the car it self was a fairly decent PH1, I have a fair few people tell me that it was a 'tidy' example, I think I advertised at the right money. Specially seeing as the belts and that was not even done a year ago and had plenty of Tax and MOT blah blah blah....

I will leave my add up on ebay for a few more hours to let you guys decide weather I should of taken his £1250 offer of 30% off my asking price!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251550579447?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

but yes the car is now gone to its new owner, the new owner is very happy with the car and I was happy with what he paid me.

Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Time for my say, saying as it was my car and my ebay listing

For starters, this was my first ebay listing, I wasn't exactly sure what I was doing, I have had many people (Not just from ebay) offer me offers like yours and I have simply said no to the point where I was getting fed up with people like yourself hence for my reply, I'm sorry for my grammar mistake in my reply also, I was at work and very a very busy boy this morning!

I did find your offer a little offensive too be honest, specially when i have just forked out for what I was asking for the car in the space of a copy of months, the car it self was a fairly decent PH1, I have a fair few people tell me that it was a 'tidy' example, I think I advertised at the right money. Specially seeing as the belts and that was not even done a year ago and had plenty of Tax and MOT blah blah blah....

I will leave my add up on ebay for a few more hours to let you guys decide weather I should of taken his £1250 offer of 30% off my asking price!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251550579447?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

but yes the car is now gone to its new owner, the new owner is very happy with the car and I was happy with what he paid me.

I have no problem at all with you rejecting my offer. My problem is that £1250 is not unreasonable for a Ph1 172 on 100k, the response I got would have been fair if I had offered you £500.
I would have probably offered asking price if you were local and I could have looked at it first, but as you were far away and it is a bit of a gamble buying blind, I offered a lower price. I don't see why that should insult you.
The option for best offer was there and I used it.
Anyway good on you for getting a nice quick sale.

Right, I'm out before some more "Have you got sand in your vagina" or "He's sooooo sensitive" comments come in again. f**king children.

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  PH1 172
well it's not quite on 100k yet, close not there yet...97k actually! Mileage shouldn't put people off when you consider the condition of the car and how well it drove specially when the car has had a lot of new parts.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  PH2 RS172
have over 400 fb on ebay and i can understand people getting annoyed at low offers. most times ive counter offered i never get a reply back, but i suppose everyone wants a bargain and its only fair to try. i offered a guy 1500 for his mk5 55 plate astra, 3 door sri on 140k, with full service history, belts clutch and turbo done, 12 months mot and six months tax advertised at 2300. he replied with a simple 'ok and when would you like to collect!' if you dont try youll never know. any decent seller will counter offer you rather than get shirty. a potential buyer is still a buyer so always keep cool.

when i had my e30 a guy had some deep dish rims on for 200 on auction. i messaged him asking if hed take 350 to end early - something along the lines of '

hi. would you accept 350 for the wheels to end the auction early? i would need the wheels posting aswell. cheers'.

his reply was something along the lines of - 'first up pal, these are my wheels and ill sell them at whatever price i want and 350 is a joke.'

i replied 'i know theyre your wheels thats why i offered you money for them. i clearly wouldnt offer 350 for a set of my own wheels would i lol. chill out and tell me what you want for them if youre willing to end early otherwise i will watch the auction. cheers'

reply 'sorry had a bad day. ill take 400 for them and can get them posted to you for tomorrow if you pay tonight. sorry again lol. cheers'

i really wanted the wheels so i had them in the end but i couldve easily told him to do one and got zip. i dont care how tetch the seller s... if i want what theyve got ill get it even if theyre a bit rude. its an ebay seller not a drinking buddy so dont cut off your nose especially when your want what theyve got, persevere and stay cool. some people have short fuses dude :)

Trader Rating - 90%
9   1   0
  Monaco
Offering £500 aka. 30% under the asking price on a car you have not seen is bound to be met with a similar lack of empathy as a response. Sure offer £11500 on a car listed for £12k but even at that meagre 3-4% discount as a seller I'd want an explanation or some justification. If he's acknowledged that it needs work then he believes the asking price is a fair price - or at least you should assume that when making an offer.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is £1,500 reasonable and £1,250 taking the p*ss? £250 is no more than good night out to a lot of people.

Because it's only around 15% off the asking price rather than 30% maybe? (without actually viewing the car as well)

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio
...and this is the reason why I'll give serious consideration to not bothering come renewal time.

He invited opinions and thoughts and ends up being on the receiving end of very childish abuse.

FFS, grow up. It's no wonder this place is a complete mess full of f***ing retards these days when this is the sort of responses people get.

Congratulations. You've just rose above the childish abuse. f**king retards. Mature.

The OP needs to lighten up a bit. Fair enough if he would have offered 30% less after seeing the car and pointing out a few flaws that he could then justify why he doesn't think it is worth the asking price.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
iirc there is a feature where the seller can refuse the offer by simply pressing a button?

The bidder can then improve the offer should they so wish.

As a buyer surely you start low and then if your initial bid is refused you can improve your offer should you so wish. That's just being smart is it not? For all he knew the seller may of been willing to take a low offer?

To be insulted by an initial low bid is completely and utterly f**king ludicrous. Just back it and wait to see if the offer is increased. Pretty simple really.

If you can't handle being insulted by offers don't put 'best offer' on the listing ffs!

Last edited:

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always offer low when I buy them on ebay. Jag jobbie was up for £1200 and i offered £800. They sent me a text saying 'Thanks for your interest but I have literally just sold it.

I'd have no problem offering £1250 on a £1750 car. It's only worth what someone is willing to pay. Luckily the seller had some with a better offer.
You can set what offers get declined before they get sent to you so just do that in future.