ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ECU tamper proof cover?

Clio 1.2 16v
the black cover/box behind the engine has started to go through the wires but it just wont come off.
I know that there is a wheel with holes in that you need to turn upwards to release the top cover but ive turned the wheel as far up as it will go (also tried turning down just to check) but it just wont come off is there a certain way to get it off?

since turning the wheel its became very loose so it needs taken off before it causes damage

V70 d5 beast
It should just pull up a bit of force will do :) they arent normally stuck in there
aslong as you have turned the wheel up lots and lots of times
used to get a mirror and a small allen key as it took a little while to do it should just come off

Clio 1.2 16v
i will have another go tomorrow, is there a certain point where the wheel stops turning though? mine wont go up any further even with force

Clio 197
Is there any more info about how to remove this cover to check the wires. My dad spent 3 hours trying to remove the cover on my mum's 1.2 which keep mis-firing. Thanks.

phase 1 172
I have a mini pinch bar/crowbar which worked but it still took alot of force,youve just reminded me il have to do it again soon feck