ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Eibach pro-kit=camber change?

Clio 172 ff
Hi everybody!

Just a quick question: Does the Eibach pro kit change the camber settings on the front axle? I mean, I know that the pro dampers (Sachs) are not camber adjustable, but I was wondering if they came with a little more negative camber than standard.

Thanks,

Linsen

from what i have experenced on coilovers the camber and toe do change slightly with changes to ride height, not sure how much difference there will be on spring with standard shocks, its all fixed unless you go for camber bolts.

Clio 172 ff
Well, the pro springs will not drop it much. Around 20mm is what most people say. I was more wondering if the mounting holes of the pro dampers were positioned differently to give some negative camber.

I'm asking because I heard there were some dampers around that would do that. Some Konis, I think, are said to give -2° of camber.

Also, does the wheel offset have any effect on camber. Would an offset of 37 give more negative camber than the standard of 48?

BMW M135i
Won't change camber to any noticable level, the car will probably want the alignment checking after fitting them though thats about it.

Offset has no effect on camber, aftermarket dampers will give camber alterations through using different lower shock bolt positions usually. As you'll still be using the standard dampers they'll be the same.

Clio 172 ff
Not sure if I've been clear enough: I'm not talking about the standard clio dampers but the "standard" eibach dampers that come with the pro-kit. That's what I'll be using. (They're made by Sachs, btw, but that's probably always the case with the eibach pro-kit).

OK, i doubt the brackets are set to allow more camber, they will probably be copies of the standard shocks

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
OK, i doubt the brackets are set to allow more camber, they will probably be copies of the standard shocks

Thats what I thought when I bought my Koni Kit, defo has more neg camber than my previous coilover demon tweeks set up with -1 degree of camber. Think I will be getting some camber bolts.

Clio 172 ff
Yeah, I reckon the eibach dampers have the same brackets as standard dampers, but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask.

Would have expected more definitive answers, though, tbh, as there seem to be so many people driving the eibach kit...

tbh I only know of one car on here runing eibach dampers and thats a 1.6 dynamique.

Most people on here running eibach run just the pro-line springs. If they run aftermarket shocks as well then they normally are on koni yellows

Clio 172 ff
Which doesn't mean that they won't fit, though.

Could someone with an in-depth knowledge confirm if Eibach was talking rubbish?

Clio 172 ff
Just to confirm: Eibach was talking rubbish. The pro dampers do not fit the 172. The bolt size on the 172 is 14mm while the dampers are made for 12mm bolts (as on all other Clios apart from the 172, I suppose).

Quite annoying, really. I'm on stock dampers and Eibach springs for now, which is not where I wanted to be tonight. :banghead:

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
Just to confirm: Eibach was talking rubbish. The pro dampers do not fit the 172. The bolt size on the 172 is 14mm while the dampers are made for 12mm bolts (as on all other Clios apart from the 172, I suppose).

Quite annoying, really. I'm on stock dampers and Eibach springs for now, which is not where I wanted to be tonight. :banghead:

Why not look at Koni as another option?

Clio 172 ff
I think I'll actually stick with eibach pro springs and standard dampers for now. Once finances allow, I will switch to coilovers (could be along time coming).