ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical fault and P0711

LY 172
Keep getting the electrical fault light come on. Usaly followed by limp mode. And occasionally the emissions light flashes. All clears when turning the car on and off.

Except the P0711. Transmission fluid temperature circuit/sensor range fault. Won't clear from the ECU.

Can anyone help?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I'd say try a different scanner.

I've seen the transmission temp fault before from some generic bits of kit and it can be ignored (unless you have an auto).

Mick

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Live data and graph the data output to see what track A and B are doing in relation to one another when the pedal is applied.

LY 172
ummmm who can do that for me then ?

it seems a pretty intermittant fault tbh. clears as soon as i restart the engine.

172 Cup
Aaron, i had the same problem. I changed the throttle body and the accelerator pedal and the fault has not reappeared in 12 months.

I think i was the throttle body, but i changed both for piece of mind.

I bought a 197 body from a low mileage car, they are the same part no as the 172/182. The pedal was new from Wests Renault.

Hope this helps.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
ummmm who can do that for me then ?

it seems a pretty intermittant fault tbh. clears as soon as i restart the engine.

It really does need a CLIP session mate to check this. I agree, it may need a new TB unit BUT it may also be a wiring issue and the TB is simply not working because the voltage signal isn't quite right.

I'm not trying to scare money out of you but rather encourage you to get an accurate picture of what is actually wrong before you start spending out on new TB's... It's a gamble you can take though.

Mick

LY 172
What's this whole "clip" thing?

Also last night I took the TB off. Cleaned it. Sprayed some WD-40 in. And its been fine so far today.