ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Electrical gremlins

182 CUP
My 182 is being a bit weird. The other week for the first time i had the aircon running hot, demist on, lights and stereo. After driving for 10 mins the engine fault, abs and traction lights came on. I was on the motorway so couldnt stop straight away, when i could i turned the ignition off and all was fine. Thats not happend again, but ive noticed the abs light flashing slightly when you put the gearbox in reverse. Also there is now a delay on the central locking when opening the drivers door when ive had the doors locked. I have had a good look through the forum and not found anything similar, anyone experienced this or know what it could be. I am inept at all things technical so please reply with answers aimed at 4 year olds.

Ta,
Rave:S:D

Ibiza FR Edition
Could it be something like the wiring loom has rotted away? I had electric problems on my 1.2 16v because the wiring loom was in a right state.

182 CUP
Could it be something like the wiring loom has rotted away? I had electric problems on my 1.2 16v because the wiring loom was in a right state.
I'll get me torch out and have a look. Did you get someone to fix it for you? i'm guessin that could be costly.
My cruise decided not to work before, and yet after turning engine on and off it fine.

Ibiza FR Edition
Yeah I had no idea what was wrong with it, garage sorted it for me though, I had numerous other electrical problems on my old car though, lots of things were replaced!