ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine and gearbox out

clio 182
hi just wondering if anyone removed a engine and box from a 182 is there a guide or any tips do you leave loom in car that sort of thing also how do you poilsh inlet manifold

sophiesdad

ClioSport Club Member
  anything i get
Re: enigine and box out

personally i leave the loom on the engine , drop the engine and gearbox out the bottom on the subframe , with everything still on , apart from the obvious having been disconnected , drained etc. if pulling out the the top i remove lots of it first. if its your first , and your not used to doing this sort of work , just make notes in what order you take stuff off as would be easier to put back then. also take your time.

Re: enigine and box out

Engine crane is your friend!

It took me 5 plus hours to get the gearbox out the bottom between the subframe, but an hour taking the engine out of the top with the gearbox on with an engine crane.