ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine cranking but not firing.

Ash007ks

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 182
I've done a full engine in and out job , with belts , dephaser, AC delete the full works.

Now I've plonked everything back in and when I've gone to turn the car over , it just cranks without firing.

There's no fuel pump noise , so I imagine I've a bad relay or I've missed something.

No lights on the dash and no immobiliser lights , which I've seen is the culprit for others.

I've only got one plug unaccounted for which for the life of me I cannot think where it has come from.

Grey plug ( green/black wire and a pink black wire) cannot seem to find it on the wiring diagrams either. But then again I've been looking at wires all day.

I'm planning on chucking on Clip tomorrow , but if anyone has any thoughts or tips.

Ash007ks

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 182
Little bit of an update.

Pumps fine.

However the coil pins arnt getting any power to them.

Does anyone know of a bypass to try ?

Ash007ks

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 182
I'll be honest that's the least of its issues now 😂

I chased the electrical fault eventually down to the two pins within the crank sensor plug. These had popped out.

Upon finding this , I'd realised I'd then timed it 180 degrees out on both sides. So alot of swearing and cursing later, it was then ready...

It ran and then decided to do a bottom end knock and lose compression.

Luckily no unwanted holes , but still at that moment I could have cried 😂😂 .

So it now needs a full rebuild. My own fault really as I should have just done a full refresh when it was out however we live and learn and sometimes we make expensive mistakes in the process of experience.

On a plus side I now know which way the cams go 😂

For fast road/track use what's the best bits without going too silly. I'm not chasing turbo power, I just want a fast NA car that isn't going to break the bank much more.