ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine cutting out

Ph2 172
Right my car (Ph2 172) has developed another issue (well it is French). What is happeneing is that the car is cutting out and either restarts right away on the key or needs a few mins rest before it will start again. it will then run for a few mins or die as soon as i start moving again. I will add that the car happily idles away on the driveway with no issues.
I can hear the fuel pump priming up ok whenever i turn the key so hopefully can rule that problem out.

I will add that the engine and box have been out so all the connections were split and that the car never had that problem before i took the engine out. I did have the diagnostic light and no throttle issue previous to engine removal and also after refitting, tried replacement pedal and throttle body from known working sources.

If anyone can shed some light on either issue it would be greatly appreciated.

renault clio 1.4 16v
there have been a few with the same problem, mine was a MAP sensor problem...

if you search the forum for cutting out at stop streets etc you should find more info

Ph2 172
The main earth strap looks ok but i will give it a clean up anyway.

Have googled it to death and found lots of people with the problem but never any real answers. They all seem to have a different fix sadly thus i started another cutting out thread to add to the many 😂.