ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine light flashing

Clio dCi65 Dynamique
My dCi does that if driven "enthusiastically", I think it is low rail pressure, poss. injector probs...

Westy. MX5
The amber light is to warn of emmisions failures/faults and is not fatal to the engine. Mine comes on occasionally when de-celerating at speed, and I think it is because of overfuelling. You may find come MOT time that it will fail the emmisions test. Don't worry about it till then if everything else soumds good.

Cup Packed BG 182
cheers guys, im going to get a code reader and check, so even if the amber light is constant or flashing it always means emissions failures?

Clio Extreme
Yup, mine was flashing intermittently recently and has actually been the worst fault on my car, however i do know of people whose lights flashed up for a while then not happened again. you may find its something wrong somewhere and sticking it on the diagnostics clears it.

it may be a new coil parck who knows :)

Clio Extreme
;) you dont wanna know.

this is just one of the endless faults ive incurred but i did change the coils and then found out it was the head gasket so replaced that, now the car works im getting a new one :) it may not be the same as mine so i wouldnt worry that you need a new car :D