ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Mounts

Don't know if this is in the right section or not to be honest, but I have purchased a new set of engine mounts and a dog bone mount for my car as the ones on it are definately worse for wear. I just wondered if there is anyone around the Surrey area that could change them over for me as I do not have the know how to do them. I can travel within a reasonable area and will obviously pay for the work carried out. Need them doing asap as they are making some 'lovely' noises.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Nick

330i. E30 Touring.
Speak to James (jamesstone) or Tom (tompoms) at JMS Tuning.

They're only in Staines.

I went for the Ktec Grp N mounts as i'm fed up of Renaults s**t mounts and bushes!

I have also spoken the JMS Tuning and it seems they cannot fit me in anytime soon. So looking for someone that can do it asap! The moneys there as long as its not a bodgy quick job.

Nick

ZX6R B1H
they are a piece of pish matey, really really straight forward. I must order my mounts from k-tec..

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
ordered from k-tec the gr N engine mounts, dogbone poly bush set, solid suspension mounts and the gr N clutch kit, they should arrive in about a week, I'll keep you posted of how the car feels

nick, how are the engine mounts? are they ok for daily use or too harsh? thx

Megane Trophy, Golf
Mate you'll be rattling like a b*****d with all that on! Grp N for track dude, on these roads you'll shake your bones loose lol

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
well if it'll be too harsh then I'll drive harder to keep up with them :D

Got them done now anyways, cheers for the offer though! In my personal opinion, the mounts really arent that bad. I have got used to them now and yes theres a bit of vibration, but when driving its so nice because theres no knocks from the engine bay area:) I dont comute in the car so all I do is drive for fun so its exactly how I like it!

Would love to drive a completely standard 172/182 and feel the differences in comfort!