ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

engine mounts!

(1st things first i got a mk 2 ph 1 clio)

ok i had a knockin noise comin from my "SELECTA!" wen changing gear! that was until recently,......... now it makes the same knockin noise wen i hit bumps in the road!

so under car we go and take off gearbox mount to find it has a minute crack in rubber so thats goonna need changin soon, so we then put sum load on the engine to find the egine is twistin due to crap engine mount on passenger side or car!

we come to the conclusion that because the passenger side engine mount is cack its breakin the gear box mount one due to the excess strain its havin to cope with!

any engine whizz kids in here agree with me and recon that i have found the problem or am i goin completly in the wrong direction!

if i am right where can i get an engine mount from and how much will it cost me? (my RAC mate will fit it for me)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

you could be on the right lines as one worn mount will put excessive strain on the other mounts.

i just got back from my dealer and have been told my lower gear box mount is gone. They want £50.07 for fixing it.

thats wot is f**ked on mine as well as the one engine mount! so if they want £50 for fixin it the part must cost a 10er! and did u know u can take off the old one and put the new one on in 10 mins! i know this cus we took mine off on sunday!