ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine revving to max rpm

clio 172
Ok so today my clio 172 went funny 140 mile round trip no issues then stopped to drop something off at a shop and boom. Running funny. Very similar if not the same to when an injector went and was running on 3 cylinders. This isn't my concern. My initial instinct was plugs leads and coil pack so off comes inlet manifold(didn't detach air box initially) checked the leads and plugs all seems fine. Waiting for my brothers diagnostic machine to tell ,me the damage when he returns from holiday. Went to start up see if anything changed and now it just revs to max rpm when I turn it on. .......I checked the throttle body and the butterfly valve (I think it's called that) opened easily enough and with the throttle cable being some way away (I believe) I didn't know what else it could be? Suggestions

Cup In bits
You have left one of the pipes off the inlet, probably the one that goes to the carbon canister, or you haven't stewed down the inlet properly.

Basically you have an airless somewhere.

clio 172
Thanks for the help chaps. The revving was indeed an air leak. The gasket at the back of the inlet manifold had fell off and I didn't even see it. Was resting on y exhaust manifold.

The other issue turned out to be a squashed ignition lead I think. Really squashed. Replaced it and it's lovely.

As always your guys are awesome.