ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Tapping

Clio 1.2 1996
Sorry to post a subject that has already previously been resolved, but ive just got meself a 1.2 1998 clio Biarittz (yes i know its nothing fast but i have plans ;)) and theres a slight engine tapping, nothing loud or major and it does go away when the engine revs and after its been on the road for a few mins, so mainly tapping when its idle, and first started up, just wanna know if its anything major/worth getting fixed, the cars at about 60k miles and has no other problems currently with the engine.

Thanks in advance, Pete

172 A Cupwork Orange™
might sound like a stupid question, but have you checked the oil ? just sounds like its going away after the oil has thinned out once warm

Clio 1.2 1996
Thanks for the fast reply m8, im at work at and it only just popped into my head so i will definetely change the oil as many other posts have said this, just wanted to see if theres any other problems it could be

edit: Anyone know the specific oil best to use in this engine (1.2 1998 Biarritz)

Last edited: