ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine temp rocketing, have to keep filling up water?

Clio 2003 1.2 8V
Car is a Clio 2003 1.2 8V:
Basically i noticed my engine temp getting high the other day, keep checking the water and keep topping it up as it seems just to be boiling it, whenever I have just topped it up the temp goes back to a normal level. Also the fan seems to be running for a good 5 minutes after I've turned the engine off. Any ideas?

PH2 172
Lots of possibilities buddy but just make sure you're not topping up a hot engine with cold water. Not good.
Basically i noticed my engine temp getting high the other day, keep checking the water and keep topping it up as it seems just to be boiling it, whenever I have just topped it up the temp goes back to a normal level. Also the fan seems to be running for a good 5 minutes after I've turned the engine off. Any ideas?
If coolant is not dropping out the bottom of the engine as soon as you add it(water pump),buy another one and keep this car for spares.