ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Espace 2.0 turbo F4Rt 794/795 into clio

stevem42

ClioSport Club Member
  Silver182 and RB 182
If anyone could please offer some advice on the following

as in title I've purchased a running espace 2.0 petrol turbo ( 100k )to fit into a clio , I've also got a 197/200 clio engine (20k ) as well

could I take out the pistons out of the 197/200 and fit into the turbo block or should I use the n/a F4R block ( 60k )

basically can I use bits off all 3 engines to make a decent one

I'm also hoping to use the six speed box as well

i know some mods to panels etc might be needed but I've got a spare car to practice on

many thanks in advance

PH1 loads of boost!
Easiest to go into a 172 would be use the turbo pistons and keep the 172 block, gearbox and head. Means you can keep the 172 cams as well as theyre better than the Espace ones, but no VVT.. And fit the turbo onto the clio head.
To use the 6 speed you'll need customs shafts, hydrolic clutch and change gear linkages etc. And for the power that setup will get you a JC5 will be fine.

stevem42

ClioSport Club Member
  Silver182 and RB 182
Thanks

so would I be right in thinking that I don't need arp bolts arp conrods etc I'm only looking to maybe make about 220 to 240 bhp

PH1 loads of boost!
Yeah standard stuff will be fine at that. Ideally you could fit them but they're not needed at 240hp.

stevem42

ClioSport Club Member
  Silver182 and RB 182
Brilliant thanks very much for your help .....will hopefully start project ASAP

PH1 loads of boost!
Get it done. Let's know if you need any more help as that's how I started my conversion except I used the Megane head as well.

Clio 182
I was toying with the Megan 2.0L Turbo in my clio 182.... Is there a better option in anyone opinion and what else should i be thinking about when swapping engines?

Any advice is gratefully received