ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Evo 8 track project

Evo 8 and clio 172
Thought I would put something up as seen a number of evo related threads on here and mine has been an on going project. Clio gets used as the daily hack and is probably due some tlc.

I have had the evo for a number of years bad the odd modification over my ownership as bought as a standard car. Not after big power, but the ultimate plan is to run a reliable 500bhp to use out on track. Current turbo won't get there but the car is in for work at the moment so should have an idea of where I am. Going for a less likes rod job over full forged, personal preference as big forge builds arent cheap.

I have done a few other bits to it, usual mods along with some more track focused bits.

A few pics of the car ;)

DSC_1023_zpsh4wg520v.jpg

DSC_0921_zps27st0zl0.jpg

Evo 5 RS
Another Evo on CS LOL.

Looks well, was this the one on eBay recently?(I know you said you've had it awhile but incase you were gauging interest)

Evo 8 and clio 172
Haha yes another one..

Nope had it a few years bud. One of my mates sold his yellow evo on eBay about a month ago.

Evo 8 and clio 172
I love this car what are the running cost like if you don't mind me asking
Thanks bud..
As a weekend toy they aren't to bad. Wouldn't want to use is every day, as they get through fuel and need a regular service.
What really costs is once you start modding them.

They are starting to become a classic ;-)
Every 4k is right, I don't do the mileage so it's much less for change for me.
I've never managed to figure out how they cocked this up SO badly. My bike has better service intervals than that and makes the same or more bhp/l and shares its engine oil with the clutch and gearbox! Awesome cars and I'd love one one day, but the service schedule is just bonkers!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Christ! This must cost you a fair bit to track it...

They're faster than f**k on slicks, but you need beefed up suspension and wishbones to run them reliably. I've seen them break welds from the cornering force!

Evo 8 and clio 172
I do like the sound of that! :blush:

What are the average service costs on these out of interest? And do these need a belt service too?

Haha, certainly popular.

Depends, I do all the fluid changes myself but get the belts done properly by a local tuner.
All below if the car is used on the road, gets much shorter if tracked
Engine oil,oem filter is about £60 from opie. Normally deals on fuchs lol.
Plugs - £10
Aye bleed every 9k. I only have the acd transfer with lsd rear diff so don't need much fluid. Automatic transmission oil.
Transmission fluids are every 20k
2.6 litres for the gearbox 75w90
0.6 transfer 75w90nt
0.8 rear diff 75w90
I use redline, got gearbox to do on mine.
Oem belts fitted about £200-250 if memory serves. Plenty of choice if you want to go aftermarket.

I've never managed to figure out how they cocked this up SO badly. My bike has better service intervals than that and makes the same or more bhp/l and shares its engine oil with the clutch and gearbox! Awesome cars and I'd love one one day, but the service schedule is just bonkers!

It's not alot of miles, but they changed the service intervals on the evo x and seen so many with engine failure. Engine oil isn't that expensive in the scheme of things.

Evo 5 RS
4,500 or every 12 months for oil. 6 months is madness.

Apparently Mitz changed it to get more work into dealerships, although of course it does not hurt to do so.

Evo 8 and clio 172
Christ! This must cost you a fair bit to track it...

They're faster than f**k on slicks, but you need beefed up suspension and wishbones to run them reliably. I've seen them break welds from the cornering force!
I will update on the spiralling costs from track use lol..

Need a dry sump to run slicks due to the cornering force and having oil starvation issues.
4,500 or every 12 months for oil. 6 months is madness.

Apparently Mitz changed it to get more work into dealerships, although of course it does not hurt to do so.

Not surprised at that..not that there are that many ralliart dealers who can do it.

Personally if I was doing that sort of miles I would do it every 6 months as per mitsu. Wouldn't want to pay mitsu to do it. ;-)

Evo 5 RS
There is a Rally Art dealer about 2 miles from here, i don't trust dealers though. I know one should not generalise but...

Evo 8 and clio 172
That is local, don't blame you bud I wouldn't go to a dealer. Would get ripped off, wouldn't want to take a modified evo back to dealer lol

Evo 8 and clio 172
I am just not had chance to properly drive it as needs a mot. Itching to get a ticket on it and give it a real test.

Still running a small hybrid, room for something with more flow in the future :)
DSC_1326_zpspvxrxsji.jpg