ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Evo Triangle Trip - Saturday 25th February 2012

Liquid Yellow R27
Hey guys, was great meeting some of you at the Star City meet over the weekend. I mentioned this to a few of you, but there's around 20 of us in all different cars heading down to the Evo Triangle in Wales on Saturday 25th February for a drive / short road trip.

I just thought I would see if anyone from the Clio Sport forum wanted to join us and come along for the day? We will be meeting at a pub called The Mare Pool in Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham, B74 2UG around 9am for breakfast and then heading out in convoy to the Evo Triangle stopping off at the Shrewsbury Services, SY3 0DA along the A5 for around 11am on the way there.

We will most likely spend the day on the Evo Triangle, but will also be in and out of a pub / cafe called Ty Tan Llan Cafe, LL21 9SY that's at the starting point of the triangle. This will be the 'base' for the day. Me and my mates will be stopping over at a local youth hostel for the night, so you guys are welcome to join us stopping there as well if you'd like.

Let me know if you want any more details or want to put your name down. I will keep an eye on this thread and reply to any questions. It will just be a case of turning up on the day and coming along. Should be fun though! :)

What on earth is the evo triangle?

For those that don't know what the Evo Triangle is, it's basically a 20 mile drive along awesome roads, across great Welsh scenery. There's a few pictures below along with a link to more information about it.

The_Evo_Triangle_3.jpg

The_Evo_Triangle_8.jpg

The_Evo_Triangle_10.jpg

Link to more information on the Evo Triangle.

PS -
Should I post this out somewhere else to the whole forum for those that want to meet us on the way at the Shrewsbury Services along the A5 and come along or just keep it to us West Midlands lot to meet in Sutton Coldfield?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I'm 15 miles from Shrewsbury...so its still technically part of the area. There is also Telford services M54 J4 you can use too...

Liquid Yellow R27
Really really want to go, but i am working!
It just so happens you're going to be 'conveniently ill' that day. ;)

I'm 15 miles from Shrewsbury...so its still technically part of the area. There is also Telford services M54 J4 you can use too...
Ah that's okay then, wasn't quite sure where abouts it was in all honesty. I think it's around 1 hours drive to the Shrewsbury Services from the initial meeting point in Sutton Coldfield though. We will probably be stopping there for 30 - 40 minutes anyway to give people a chance to arrive if anyone meets us there.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I'm working aswell, tbh I usually work every Sat & Sun but Jan is a quiet month at the studio,
that was the only reason I could make yesterday, more than likely the next meet i'll be at is CSS
as i'm booking the b*stard off. :D

Being freelance sucks sometimes, no work no pay, there is something to be said for a Mon-Fri 9-5 on paye, sick days and holidays ftw.

Looks like a cracking drive though.

Liquid Yellow R27
Ah that's a shame mate. It should be a good drive though. I'm sure we will do it again in the Summer though, it's not that far really.

Liquid Yellow R27
We will have to be careful of the police. I'd quite like to see some of the scenery to be honest, rather than just a blur in front of me. Plus the police will be after the Silvia and RX-7 that are coming. ;)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Count me in. Depending on me having money for fuel.....

Was thinking about this, but sod that 2hrs to get there 45mins - 1hr to drive round it then 2hrs home plus around £80 of fuel.

shame it's not closer

Liquid Yellow R27
We're going to spend the day on the triangle on and off inbetween the pub / cafe near it. We will most likely be driving a bit further a field through the day to. It won't just be a 45 minute - 1 hour drive around the Evo Triangle like once or twice.

Those that are coming along, send me a request on Facebook with a message that you're from Clio Sport and I will invite you to the event page.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
We're going to spend the day on the triangle on and off inbetween the pub / cafe near it. We will most likely be driving a bit further a field through the day to. It won't just be a 45 minute - 1 hour drive around the Evo Triangle like once or twice.

Those that are coming along, send me a request on Facebook with a message that you're from Clio Sport and I will invite you to the event page.

Which pup you talking about? The Saracens??

Liquid Yellow R27
Which pup you talking about? The Saracens??

Can't remember the name of it, but according to Google Maps there is a small cafe and a pub next to it near the start point of the triangle. They might well not be there any more, but I think we will all be taking along food and drink anyway.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Can't remember the name of it, but according to Google Maps there is a small cafe and a pub next to it near the start point of the triangle. They might well not be there any more, but I think we will all be taking along food and drink anyway.

The pubs gone bankrupt few weeks ago! The cafe is still open though

Liquid Yellow R27
The pubs gone bankrupt few weeks ago! The cafe is still open though

Thanks for the heads up mate, the cafe will do fine then in that case. I'm sure everyone will bring their own snacks and drinks anyway. Just thinking of a place to have as a base for the day and to have a drink or bite to eat if need be.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Hope the weathers ok as it will be a right downer :-/

Not sure if I can make it yet too

Liquid Yellow R27
Haha for anyone that is coming add me on Facebook and drop me a message letting me know. I will give you my number and what not. It's looking to be dry according to the forecast so fingers crossed :)

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Gutted i missed this trip yesterday,but in a couple of hours me and my mate are going for a blast round the triangle(he`s never been),so if you see a oddssey ph1 with yellow fogs "driving casually",lol,that `ll be me.

boomerbang2006

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172,2001
Had such a laugh doing this ^^^^^^^,only did half the triangle then typed in llanberis instead of llanghollen,DOH!,ended up almost there when i realised that why can i see sea on the sat nav....,weather was excellent,traffic wasnt too bad,and the fuzz only had one mobile,which when i passed was stuck in traffic:rasp:.
Hopefully the next meet i wont be at work and the weather will be just as good if not better.