ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Sound Help needed !?

BG 182 FF
Hi, Just wondering what this might be and if its causing any issues....

I have what sounds to be a blow in my exhaust, however I have had 3 new uprated engine mounts fitted (Ktec upper engine and upper G-Box & Powerflex dogbone) and also have had a new exhaust manifold to Cat gasket set with new bolts and cups, this was also purchased from ktec.

When accelerating it sounds exactly like THIS (from another members thread)

I have also got a ktec style induction kit that I made, but the noise was present before fitting this and fitting the other parts (mounts and gasket) finallythe car has a Miltek cat back with Miltek decat pipe

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have done what has been covered in most other threads...

Cheers
Ben

Thats what mine does I think.

The whistling type noise?

I thought it was the olive join from cat-centre section on mine so was going to sleeve it like the miltek.

BG 182 FF
My decat to the res of the exhaust is a sleeve style, the blow I think is coming from the manifold to cat join, as it did it when the standard cat was present and after the decat.... ive just taken a quick pic it looks like the clamp is at a angle ? as i said it was from ktec and not a genuine renault? could this be the issue?

photo copy.jpgphoto.JPGphoto copy 2.jpg

That kit looks a bit weird.

I'd deffo get the genuine renault kit, hopefully it will cure your problem.

BG 182 FF
hopefully,
I dont understand why its at a angle though? bizarre, I wonder if I should try loosening it off then pulling the whole system towards the manifold join and then re tighten and seal it with a flexible rvt sealant?

have you had the same issue?

Infact, is there even a gasket in there? :S

Somethings not right anyway, buy a genuine kit.

It should look like this - I know its not a miltek decat but the idea is the same.

SDC18067.jpg

BG 182 FF
i think its still there, i think its the rusted looking ring thats in between the two, it was definitely fitted in so it would have had to work its way out? the engine mounts where only done today as it seemed to have quite alot of movement, so maybe now they are stiffer the angle is how it should be and the clamp has stayed as it was before?

i think its still there, i think its the rusted looking ring thats in between the two, it was definitely fitted in so it would have had to work its way out? the engine mounts where only done today as it seemed to have quite alot of movement, so maybe now they are stiffer the angle is how it should be and the clamp has stayed as it was before?

I can't see it in there mate, the whole spring and bolt setup is wrong too.

If you have a search youll see genuine is the only way to go, none of the others fit properly.

BG 182 FF
yeah it does look like its seriously compressed in there... :S

how should it be as it looks the same in the picture you posted as far as i can tell!! however i didn't fit it it was done at the local exhaust place!! ... wont go there again !

Golf Mk6 tdi
Mine is the same, I have just had some high tensile steel bolts put on, with a genuine gasket and its better but not perfect.

BG 182 FF
Mine is the same, I have just had some high tensile steel bolts put on, with a genuine gasket and its better but not perfect.

so how have you done yours? don't suppose you have any pics? and when you say better when does yours begin to blow and is it significantly reduced?

It seems like yours is fitted wrong or the gasket is too small.

You should be able to see the gasket ring like the picture I put up.

Golf Mk6 tdi
I cant see the gasket on mine, I bought one from Renault a few months ago and got a garage to fit it. Perhaps I need to get the pipes apart again and see how my gasket is fitted. I will try and get a picture soon.