ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Expel Ultimate Paint Protection

Evo 5 RS
Anyone had any experience on here with this stuff? I'm getting the front end coated on Monday including front arches, pillars and front end of the roof.

Previous owner has already had the front end repainted, so I've jumped on the idea. Just wondered if anyone on here has had it fitted, or observed the healing properties before?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's very very good stuff and currently the best on the market, sadly the film comes second to the person applying it. No matter how good the film is it won't hide poor work.

I just dislike filsm, they hide the true finish of a well detailed car at times. Expel is certainly the clearest and smoothest one so far.

Evo 5 RS
That's my concern, this guy is on Expel's website and is based only 20 miles away in Tunbridge, seems sound. It's not cheap though - but when one considers the benefits of general wear from regular washing not being an issue, it kind of justifies itself. If I could justify it right now I'd get the whole car done in truth.

For 3 or 4 months it will be my regular drive so that's another justification for it. I may see how much extra it will be to get the whole roof done for when I have to park under the trees at home.

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I'll be getting this on the Lotus on the front clam and passenger side door sill.

It comes highly recommended - I attacked a panel with a wire brush, hot water over it and 95% scratches were gone!

Around £1100 for all that

I have this on my X, full panels, not small strips, bonnet, bumper, front lip, front wings, rear door bulges, skirts. I had previous generations which were good, but the self healing one is excellent, optically clear, some others are a bit coudy/orange peely. Mine has been on 4 years with no issues. Tom and Ann of Paintshield is who I always deal with.

E5DE0F0A-E101-48B0-B525-ECB058DF775E_zpsrkbbpfqh.jpg

GTD, Lupo
I had previous gen wrap on the front end of my 200 and it was amazing, the self healing property of the new stuff must be amazing as this was the only down side of the old stuff but as Gally said the application is the big part, i had mine replaced numerous times due to bubbles and ripples in the film.

Evo 5 RS
I have this on my X, full panels, not small strips, bonnet, bumper, front lip, front wings, rear door bulges, skirts. I had previous generations which were good, but the self healing one is excellent, optically clear, some others are a bit coudy/orange peely. Mine has been on 4 years with no issues. Tom and Ann of Paintshield is who I always deal with.

Didnt realise that was your X pal.

I am getting the whole roof done as well as the entire front end, wing tips and rear arches tomorrow. Good to know it is holding up well!

Didnt realise that was your X pal.

I am getting the whole roof done as well as the entire front end, wing tips and rear arches tomorrow. Good to know it is holding up well!

I don't think I could buy another car without having it done, very happy with it :) Roof is a good shout, wish mine was done, it's the only place on the car where there are chips! Small but annoying!

BG Clio 182

That is the nicest car I have seriously ever seen. Wow.

Evo 5 RS
All done.

Whole front end, whole roof, a pillars, rear arches, sills, entire rear spoiler.

Cannot recommend Mark at Wombat Wrapping enough. They spent 4 hours magnifying the paint x4 for tar and other dirt before applying. It also hides any blemishes in the clear coat that were there really well.

Evo 5 RS
They use 3x magnification to remove any grit or tar, not sure to what extent but took them a good few hours just doing that, and the car was pretty clean when it went in. Any minor scratching that you'd normally see under the right light is not visible when the Expel coating is applied.
I had a cash price, if youre serious speak to them and ask. I'll give you a clue, it wouldnt work out much different getting if sprayed.

Evo 5 RS
Looks superb! Some people see it as expensive, but with paint, it deteriorates from the moment it's done until you can't stand the beard of stone chips anymore, film is one hit, looks fantastic for years and you just wash and wax it like paint :smile:

This is how I see it, especially if the car is more than occasional use :)