ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Mac Users : Apple Mac Keyboards & Mice

Random i know but im looking at getting the Apple Mac Keyboard and Mouse combi for use with my PC. Simple fact is that my tower is this...

A95CN.jpg

So instead of using my Blue Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse i would like to match the set and get these...

98a3_1.jpg

Wired Keyboard works in XP and you can get software to change the key mappings for Windows use. THere is a wireless version as well but there are mixed opinions to weather it works with XP or not. Some have said it doesnt and others have said it works only with a D-Link DBT-120 bluetooth dongle as this is what macs have or something.

Also the mouse, im not sure which i prefer and am confused to how the little things work as they seem to have no buttons especially this one...

193a_1.jpg

This is wired only and also works with xp. I have also noticed the new Mighty Mouse or something which is both Wired and Wireless. The wired one works with XP but again some confusion to weather the Wireless one works with XP or not.

mmouse-wireless-keyfeatures.gif

Basically is the keyboard any good?

and are the mice any good either. I play games as well as surf the net so i need a decent mouse. are these just good looking mice with s**t functionallity.

Thanks

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
The mac keyboards are proper solid pieces of kit, feel really nice too.

All apple mice the whole body of the mouse clicks. The mighty mouse (I have 2 wireless ones, don't ask!) is the same, the whole body clicks down, but it senses if your finger is over the left or right portion of the mouse.

In OS X you configure it to 2 button mode, to do a right click you lift your left finger off the mouse and click the body.

The mouse also has the trackball for 360 degree scrolling.

None of the apple mice would be suitable for hardcore gamers, but for normal computing use they're really nice.

Edit: I know that the wireless keyboard & mouse work on a intel mac mini with the apple drivers installed. I assume the drivers from the bootcamp disk are floating around the net somewhere.

Clio 182
keyboard gets a lot of dust in it that I can't get out, tends to gather at the clear bit at the front :dapprove:

I found my Mighty mouse unusable. Logitech MX 1000 is a million times better.

Keyboard's are Ok.. but again, I prefer my Logitech :S Heh.

Tesla MP3 2021
ive used the mac keyboard for ages.
every key works great the only thing i havnt got programmed is print screen (boo hoo)

Citroen DS3 DSport
No real problem with the wireless keyboard and wireless mighty mouse and thankfully they also work perfectly when running XP on my iMac. Keyboard is excellent but as sn00p said the mouse would not be suitable for gaming.

I'm probably going to eventually buy a Logitech Laser Mouse.

Wired Mighty Mouse is optical and the wireless laser.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

I never use mine (either of them :eek:) because the trackpad on the powerbook is so f**king good!!! I always sit down at a wankdows pc and try scrolling with two fingers and get frustrated because it doesn't work!

I never use mine (either of them :eek:) because the trackpad on the powerbook is so f**king good!!! I always sit down at a w**kdows pc and try scrolling with two fingers and get frustrated because it doesn't work!

Or double tap secondary click.
Pure genius :)

So keyboard is a definate then, i like the fact of the Two USB ports on it :)

Mouse wise... Anything else that has a similar white look to it but has more functionality?

Biffons, you using it on a Windows?

What software you using out of intrest?

Tesla MP3 2021
So keyboard is a definate then, i like the fact of the Two USB ports on it :)

Mouse wise... Anything else that has a similar white look to it but has more functionality?

Biffons, you using it on a Windows?

What software you using out of intrest?

yeah im using it on xp mate works great.
installed its own drivers and everything.

got to admit tho using a logitech mouse:)

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
the keyboards are great at first but after people chuck in pastie/crisps/bread they look gross.
Also they dont take well to having coffiee chucked in em...
Ive ruined 3 now

RenaultSport Clio 172
I think the mighty mouse is quality wise the worst Apple product I've had. The little scroll ball was acting up very early on, can only scroll up not down anymore. The solution would be to turn it upside down and roll the little ball, but that only works for a while. There just now way to get rid of the dust in the mighty mouse and that's a serous design flaw.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've found turning it upside down and rolling the scroll ball around on a sheet of clean paper for a minute always manages to get the scroll working like new.