ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fault Code Reader

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
Does any one know if any OBD2 reader will fit the clio or do we need a specific one?

Nope any one will work realy but IMo there all a bit rubish anyway. Plus to many people don't knwo what there doing with them anyway.

Clio MkII 172 K reg
I bought U380 exactly the same as K-tec sell. Tried it once just to check if there are any faults but (thanks god) didn't find anything (at least the reader). Hope not to see any but some people say that it is ok just to read faults.
Edde, by disconnecting the brake pedal switch there will be a fault stored in ecu ? I just want to see if this reader will be able to read it.
Lior

Edde, by disconnecting the brake pedal switch there will be a fault stored in ecu ? I just want to see if this reader will be able to read it.
Lior

Nope.

It won't show any faulty unless there faults which cuase the mil to come on its not that good these cheap boxes.

Clio MkII 172 K reg
So, it will only show fault if there will be any light come on on dash I understand.

So, it will only show fault if there will be any light come on on dash I understand.

Nope theres different fault codes only some set the engine warning light of and only the ones which set the light off can be cleared with these cheap boxes to clear the other faults logged you need more expensive stuff.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
i want to turn off the engine emmissions light, so only need the cheap one, anything that lights up that they can't turn off means a visit to either the stealers or a decent garage anyway.