ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fault lights and stalling..

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
My 172 Cup has not been running correctly for sometime now but as it's been very intermittent i've never really got around to sorting it.

Over the last two days though it's become a constant problem and after searching on here i've read many different things so thought i would list my exact problems in hope someone can point me in the right direction.

The car is going into limp mode and displaying the general electrical fault light, when this happens the car goes from running correctly to constantly hunting on idle and usually stalling when coming off the accelerator approaching junctions and the like.
I'd say around 90% of the time the car goes into limp mode is when the revs drop below 2,750rpm, if i keep the revs above this the car runs spot on.

Also from time to time i get the engine management light coming on, this happens completely randomly.

I've checked the car for faults and it has shown up these

002 Throttle potentiometer, track 1 Intermittent
135 Brake pedal sensor Intermittent
030 Electric fan speed 2 Present
129 Accelerator pedal position sensor Intermittent
125 Accelerator pedal sensor 1 Intermittent
126 Accelerator pedal sensor 2 Intermittent
254 Throttle control valve Intermittent
235 Cruise control, one (of two) brake pedal sensors Intermittent

I would try a new throttle pedal but i've seen so many posts of people having these symptoms and replacing that and even trying the throttle body with no result I'm a little hesitant to start ordering parts at the moment.

Thanks for any help in advance,
Gman

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
Update on this, I checked the car with a handheld scanner today and got a new code up, PO325 which i believe is a fault in the knock sensor system does this point in any particular direction with the other problems or is this likely to be a separate problem?

B

bigrich690

ive got the same problem bud, not as many faults came up as yours did but i had a few of them, i hope you sort it as im same, dont wanna spend a fortune on parts and it still not be sorted

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
I removed the throttle body the other day and gave it a little clean but more so i could inspect all the wiring around that area, once i refitted it the car ran spot on for about 4 days so i'm hoping that has narrowed it down to either the wiring on the throttle body itself.
I rang Renault today to get a price on the throttle body and was quoted around £250, at the moment i don't want to order it as thats a lot of money to spend on something that might not be a problem.

I've read about many faults like this being a wiring issues, in what way are they wiring issues? broken wires? bad connections, loose wires in plugs??

Golf GTD Mk7
Some of those might not be faults mate. I'd get it put on a decent diagnostic machine to pin point the issue.