ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ferrari 599xx round the ring.

Clio RS 172 2004
outstanding driving and time, Ferrrari is now faster than a GT2 driven by Walter Rohl or the mighty Gumpert Apollo!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Quick car.

Isnt this the car ferrari keep and tell you when you can come over for a drive...

Petrol Blue Clio182FF
i think its the prototype for the new 599 gto, the one i think you're on about is the enzo fxx!

The 599XX is the same type of project as the FXX. Ferrari take it to races and you turn up to rag it round the circuit. They are to be used as test beds. After the programme has finished the owner can then do what he/she wants with the car.

Tav

Clio 197
Good post from evo:

Let's pour a little kerosene on the bonfire of the 599XX's claimed 'record' at the Nordschleife.
Firstly, what is a 'production-based' record? I'd like to know, especially considering that Ferrari's interpretation appears to exclude the Radical SR8 - which is jolly convenient because the 'ickle Radical was actually 10sec quicker than the 722bhp Ferrari.

This new categorisation seems rather at odds with the way the company communicated the 599XX project last year: stating that it was in no way a road car, could only ever be used on the track and was far closer in spirit to a racing car than a street machine. Clearly that opinion has changed.

And the time itself? I'm not that impressed actually. That sounds churlish, but do a little basic maths and the 6.58 recorded isn't where I thought a 722bhp Fandango bristling with active aero should be.

On a lap of the VLN circuit, the GP track is about 1 min 40sec. In the last VLN, the Manthey Porsche GT3 R ran an 8min 21 sec lap in the race: which equates to something well-under 6min 50sec on the Nordschleife. In something that is actually far-more 'road based' than a 599XX, despite being a proper racing car. Oh, and it's the small matter of 240bhp weaker, too.

There's one big 'if' here. We need to know if the 599XX was on slicks or Cup tyres. If it was slicks, I'll stand by the criticism of the time set. If not, I'm much more impressed.

Either way, I'm still mighty unimpressed by the 'road-based' claim, and the apparent disregard for Radical's efforts. Perhaps we should test an SR8 and a 599XX in a traffic jam on the A30 heading into Cornwall in July to see which is genuinely more 'road-based'. Whatever that means. Thoughts on all of this?