ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

few problems just had my car itb'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
  ITB'd MK1
the ecu should be capable of running the car (in a crude manner) to a better standard than it sounds like yours is. VVT is switched by the ecu.

2 months is aweful btw. I've fitted ITBs in a day, including fitting aero catches.

anyone know about why the thrust bearing has gone all of a sudden , have they cooked the oil in the box from where they have rolling roaded it to much without a huge fan ???

the ecu should be capable of running the car (in a crude manner) to a better standard than it sounds like yours is. VVT is switched by the ecu.

2 months is aweful btw. I've fitted ITBs in a day, including fitting aero catches.

i did say they were taking the p155 with the car on the phone , i have been honest with them and ringing them every day , i also told them the throtlle bodies and mapping can be done in a day , just seems like they havent got a clue with clio's

172 Race Car
what about the fact that you've been left without a working dash due to the oe ecu being removed & have spent £1k getting a Racetech one?

Doesn't sound good, especialy u saying the wiring needs 'tidying up' most other installs have very neat or factory built looms

Lionel Richie
sorry to say this dude, but if they've fitted your cams i'll bet £5 the timing is off

and as for removing the oe ecu? clowns

if you want me to cast my eye over it you know where i am!

lift number 1 @ btm
Doesn't sound like they touched the cams Fred.
I thought the same. It doesn't sound good though!

lift number 1 @ btm
Ah, did they!

I thought he said they only did the itb's, ecu and map.

If they did, it's probably good news to be honest.

Lionel Richie
you can't lose 30bhp for no reason which is what he's missing! That's SCREAMING cam timing at me straight away!!!!

OE ecu (i'm no electronics expert) is left to control the dash (temp gauge etc etc) and the fans

there might be more, but as i say, i don't do electrics!

ITB'd MK1
just had a look at that write up they did and it said the car was under 160. That's oddly low and didn't realise cams had been changed. should realistically be in the high 190s with ITBs and 428s. Does indeed sound cam timing related now I know cams have been done.

Lionel Richie
you sure, 2 cars i've built have done 190's, and out of 4 others 186 was the lowest all 160lbs ft give or take

ITB'd MK1
you sure, 2 cars i've built have done 190's, and out of 4 others 186 was the lowest all 160lbs ft give or take

yeah agree with that bit, although the power is quite late in the revs with a not very good spread. Wont see a big bump in bhp figures when added to ITBs though, just a far better power and torque spread once you have throttles

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
said all along nick, go omex, u know it works, i know it works and the whole dash setup works too, not landing you with another bill to go stack dash just to see whats going on. id seriously question you having cams tho. i was on the understanding that they look different to stock cams when viewed through the oil cap, danny/fred can you confirm this?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Shitter matey, do you have a power run graph before they itb's were fitted? Is it possible to see on a graph if the timings out?

i was on the understanding that they look different to stock cams when viewed through the oil cap, danny/fred can you confirm this?

You'd be able to tell if they were very low milage new (assuming they are) cams anyway compared to a set of high milage standard/OE cams

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Sh!t me £1k to fit a Megasquirt :eek:

Umm err yeah basically what everyone else has said.. I know some guys using an MS but just because they want to do it all from their garage and they openly admit it doesn't run as well as exactly the same setup in another car that runs Emerald instead..

Pretty sure that a friend of a friend knows these guys as well.. hmmm

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
on the DD roller which they have you would usually see on a low top end 195bhp with 428's... thats the worst I have seen. Best on stock internals has been 212 with 421's.

428's on ITBs dont give substantial gains.

the OE ecu is left in to run the clocks, and fan if you want.

unless the ECU has CAN facility you wont run the dash.

the graphs will give the cam timing away usually... but I cant seem to see them

Low down stuttering can be down to

Accel fueling
fueling in general
ign timing
balanced bodies or not (that should be pretty easy)

ITB cars should run perfectly and pull from 800 rpm all the way.

The cam phase shifter is a simple +12v switch that actuates the cam to advance 16 degrees at usually 1800 rpm and above "x" throttle angle

decent systems and maps will check and set this to switch off above "x" rpm as well as there is usually a cross over point on the map where the engine doesnt want the cam advance.

however with and mod spec cams it is usually left advanced.

If you need more info on ITB spec cars, let me know

Andy

said all along nick, go omex, u know it works, i know it works and the whole dash setup works too, not landing you with another bill to go stack dash just to see whats going on. id seriously question you having cams tho. i was on the understanding that they look different to stock cams when viewed through the oil cap, danny/fred can you confirm this?

they do look different , had mine and andy's 172 side by side and his are 2 piece where mine are one , ask paul

on the DD roller which they have you would usually see on a low top end 195bhp with 428's... thats the worst I have seen. Best on stock internals has been 212 with 421's.

428's on ITBs dont give substantial gains.

the OE ecu is left in to run the clocks, and fan if you want.

unless the ECU has CAN facility you wont run the dash.

the graphs will give the cam timing away usually... but I cant seem to see them

Low down stuttering can be down to

Accel fueling
fueling in general
ign timing
balanced bodies or not (that should be pretty easy)

ITB cars should run perfectly and pull from 800 rpm all the way.

The cam phase shifter is a simple +12v switch that actuates the cam to advance 16 degrees at usually 1800 rpm and above "x" throttle angle

decent systems and maps will check and set this to switch off above "x" rpm as well as there is usually a cross over point on the map where the engine doesnt want the cam advance.

however with and mod spec cams it is usually left advanced.

If you need more info on ITB spec cars, let me know

Andy

cheers andy ...

Status
Not open for further replies.