ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few Questions

2005 Clio 182 FF
Now that Im used to my 182 there are a few odd things that are bothering me,

1. The Alarm, sometimes when I set it it beeps, but most the time it doesnt? Is this a common problem?

2. Is there a way to clean up the headlights they look like they have been scratched or fogged up from the xenons?

3. Is the rear wiper ment to engage when you select reverse (maybe a dumb Q :p )

4. Whats the best option to replace the front splitter as mine is being held together by cable ties!

5.Whats the Thread size on the wheel nuts as whoever had the car before me fucked up the threads on one and I need to tap the threads in the hub.

6. My auto lights seem to have stopped working , where is the sensor for this?

7. My plugs are worn, does anybody know the correct gap for them and/or wheres the best place for replacements, I understand they must be NGK plugs.

8. Ill be replacing my shite exhaust with a Ktec Janspeed job, is there anything to bare in mind before I jump into this job and I dont have all the parts, and does the rear bumper have to come off?

9. Can you replace the Speedo and rev dials with the backing from the clio V6, I want mine to say "renaultsport! lol.

10. APart from fuel, whats the disadvantages to the remap that allows the exhaust to spit flames ( yes its childish, but I want it!)

2) Do a search for headlight correction. Loads of info on this.

6) On the top of the windscreen

8) No.

10) Get a RSTuner remap. Do not get the pops and bangs remap, it sounds s**t.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
2. There is a way of restoring the headlights, have a search on here for some guides.
3. Yes
4. Skoda Fabia splitter
6. Top of windscreen I believe
10. F**ks your cat up pretty quickly. Looks really chavvy.

The exhaust: check your rear hangers are not fucked, if they are order new ones. Also check your middle hanger, renault have revised this for a stronger red plastic. May be worth getting if your middle is gone too.

The correct plugs are: NGK PFR6E-10 use only those.

The auto lights sensor is the same as the rain sensor I THINK. This is behind the rear view mirror, the plastic cover comes off, then does the sensor. the jelly plastic needs a clean and you need some clear gel to re seal it together. The best to use is cheap ibuprofen gel that you get in a tube.

If your auto lights have gone, they may just be turned off. Put your key to battery on, the step before the engine fires up. turn your lights all the way on and off twice quickly and if you here a beep thats the on/off noise. (I'd leave them off I hate the feature).

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Now that Im used to my 182 there are a few odd things that are bothering me,

1. The Alarm, sometimes when I set it it beeps, but most the time it doesnt? Is this a common problem?

Im lead to believe that if it beeps once it means the alarm has been set off once, if it does it twice it means its been set off twice and so on.

2. Is there a way to clean up the headlights they look like they have been scratched or fogged up from the xenons?

As said there is a few topics on the forum regarding this so have a search.

3. Is the rear wiper ment to engage when you select reverse (maybe a dumb Q :p )

Yeah this is a feat of the car as my trophy also does it.

4. Whats the best option to replace the front splitter as mine is being held together by cable ties!

You can buy a skoda fabia splitter , fit it and cut the ends off so it runs flush with the bumper. Once again there is loads of topics on this so do a small search. You can get them for around £12 from main dealers.

5.Whats the Thread size on the wheel nuts as whoever had the car before me f**ked up the threads on one and I need to tap the threads in the hub.

Unsure of this

6. My auto lights seem to have stopped working , where is the sensor for this?

Sensor is at the top of the windscreen at the back of the mirror.

7. My plugs are worn, does anybody know the correct gap for them and/or wheres the best place for replacements, I understand they must be NGK plugs.

The plugs you want are either genuine renault ones which are expensive of you can save some pennys and buy the exact same ones which are NGK PFR6E-10. DONT use anything else.

8. Ill be replacing my s**te exhaust with a Ktec Janspeed job, is there anything to bare in mind before I jump into this job and I dont have all the parts, and does the rear bumper have to come off?

As said check your rubber hangers first and then if you still want to change your exhaust bash on. I would only buy the fitting kit and hangers direct from renault as there s loads of cheap bits online and i don't think the rear bumper needs to be touched.

9. Can you replace the Speedo and rev dials with the backing from the clio V6, I want mine to say "renaultsport! lol.

Not too sure on this

10. APart from fuel, whats the disadvantages to the remap that allows the exhaust to spit flames ( yes its childish, but I want it!)

Stuffing your CAT up and having all the fuel dumped in there. You can do this if you buy an RS Tuner with the pops and bangs map which sometimes comes up for sale in the for sale section.