ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Final Say on Induction (hillpower)

Is the bottom line from u lot that induction kits do not work on a clio 16v? surely hillpower have figured a way of getting around this and designed a direct cold air feed? on the subject of hillpower, does anyone know how much the induction kit costs fully fitted??

Cheers !!

an IK is jus for noise they dont actually increase power unless u got loadz of air goin to em, which in this weather doesnt work ne way!

Hillpower av made a heat shield which only helps to stop the heat off the engine goin into it!

for £90 i think they were there not worth it!

the only induction for tru power is Viper or BMC (enclosed)

Yet there was a thread contribution recently from a guy with a Viper fitted who suffered a loss of power and considerably reduced fuel economy.

Not sure its worth bothering with at all.

Oh come on guys, if you fit a Viper it is generally accepted that the air/fuel ratio will be knocked out, this will therefore lose you power at some points and maybe even lean out a bit, BUT if you correct the fueling by means of a custom map or unichip, then you do indeed gain power over standard, you can look at a few example 172s that have had this done including mine Chris172s and Sluggers to see that - Shhesh! whats it getting like on here recently? all the info is out there....... and the is a search button you know LoL

Vipers are different, being sealed an all. I think as long as you are realistic and dont expect to be able to see huge performance increases from an IK youll be ok.

I have a hillpower IK on my 1.4 and I didnt notice any difference but its staying on because it sounds great.

Sorry to jump in on the post but:

Benp - Ive got the same car as you. Can you tell me exactly what Hill power IK you have on cos I cant find on for mine newhere! Do you also have a direct cold air feed going to it from hill power?

PM me if you want.

Camilo, best bet is to contact Hill Power. Give Nick a call he is a decent bloke.

I know they used to do a kit for both the 2 and 3 bolt fixing. (Have a look at your airbox and see how many big silver bolts are holding it down)

Hillpower IK costs around £100 I think so it aint cheap but does sound good.

Got hillpower IK on my birds valver and it sounds wicked. Like its got a V8 under the bonnet or something. It cost £124 (ish) posted & packed to our home. I fitted it in a couple of hours & even re-routed the pipework to draw in colder air.

Not sure if its given any more power (rolling road to come) but she drives round with a big smile on her face now & loads of people look when she boots it a little cos of the noise. Worth the cash in our opinion.

Wicked!!:devilish:

We have on trial a new induction kit fot the 16v Clio which I should shortly have some test results from. The initial results seem very encoraging but await facts before disclosing performance figures. When I have more info I will post on here.

Same for me i think, Iv got a extra cold air feed into the air box with a piper X filter sounds good but i want an I.K.