ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Finally a Clio owner.. again :-)

BG 182
After nearly a month of looking (the weather hasnt help to be honest) ive finally bought another 182.

I've got a blackgold 182, 63k with FSH, Cambelt done 2011, off a lovely lady, for a price i really couldnt turn down.

Its a lovely car but there are a few things i want to change/do to the car to make it perfect.

There are as follows,
-Wheels need refurbing and changing colour as they are silver and kurbed.
-I want to look at changing the exhaust, as i prefer it with no noise.
-Headlights need restoring, ive seen a few things on here about that, but im not sure, so any help would be appreciated.
-Full service is due next month, so ill be on the phone to Fred tommorrow.
-The heater is staying on when i turn it off, so i hope just a heater resistor pack.

Apart from that its a really nice car, it has a front splitter (skoda i think), Cup spoiler (i think), Simota induction Kit and stainless steel exhaust, ill find out what make when i get it on my brother inlaws ramp sometime this week.

This is just a side shot of the car,

, clio 1.jpg

this is the engine bay,
clio 2.jpg

This is the Exhaust
clio 3.jpg

This is the headlight,
clio 4.jpg

If any of you guys could suggest the best way of refurbing the wheels, it would be appreicieated, as I'm not sure how it works with regards to changing the colour of the centre caps aswell.

Ive joined the midlands group, so will be coming along to the next meet (not todays as im not insured yet) I think the rolling road day planned maybe?

So heres to me being alot more enthusiastic and active on the car and forum from now on, I really went off cars for abit, but after having a few boring diesels, i drove my brothers 172 (my first clio) and i really got the bug back, so when my work moved closer to home i took the plunge, sold my car and finally im here with my favourite colour.

Cheers Dan

BG 182
Thanks for the replays guys, yeah my friend said it sounds like a Yozza, it sounds really good in full flow.

I'm going to need some wheels to borrow for a couple of days while I refers mine. This needs doing ASAP, as the last owner was a women...:p

I'm going to try doing the heater resistor myself.

Such a great car for not a ridiculous price.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
he mentions that.... and says he read about it on here and would appreciate more advice...

as mentioned across the forum mate, there is a kit you can get off ebay that does the job :)

nice looking motor

3M do a good lens restoration kit. They're about £20 on eBay :) Attaches to a normal drill so easy to use!

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks good mate. Clios are so cheap nowadays!

Check the 3M website.
I bought one last week with free delivery for £10.

Think there discount all January.

BG 182
Looks good mate. Clios are so cheap nowadays!

Check the 3M website.
I bought one last week with free delivery for £10.

Think there discount all January.

I've just had a look, I can't figure their website out, it keeps saying 'apologies' ?

yeah they are cheap, but a lot of the cheap ones are crap, you have to look around to get a decent one, or pay a little more, I'm just glad I've got one in the colour I want and still have a few quid to spend on it:D

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers, Do you know of an exhaust that is as close to standard (sound wise)? I don't mind it being slightly louder when on full throttle, but not all the time.

Janspeed is what I went with. It was the quietest system they did for the 182 when I got mine.

I bought it off ktec as well and got the quiet center section to.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Very nice indeed.

Re the weels, you have two options, powder coat or paint, problem being, powder coat will not adhere to plastic, but some good powder coaters will often have a paint equivlant of the powder coat they have used, so if you phone a few local companies, some may offer to powder coat the wheels then spray the centres for you.

If you want to do the wheels yourselves there's plenty of good guides on here but I warn you, it does take some patience and a lot of time/effort.

BG 182
Very nice indeed.

Re the weels, you have two options, powder coat or paint, problem being, powder coat will not adhere to plastic, but some good powder coaters will often have a paint equivlant of the powder coat they have used, so if you phone a few local companies, some may offer to powder coat the wheels then spray the centres for you.

If you want to do the wheels yourselves there's plenty of good guides on here but I warn you, it does take some patience and a lot of time/effort.

yeah I have looked into that process of doing it myself before, but it's a very long and tedious procedure, so I think I'll get it done professionally. Thanks for the advice ill give some powder coaters a call today.

BG 182
Little update.

The car is now in with Fred, getting a few things done, Aux belts, thermostat, rear bearings and service.

Ive bought some new wheels, standard 182 anthracite ones. So as soon as I get the car back, I'll order a full set on tyres, not decided which ones yet and get the wheels on.

I've swapped my Yozza for a silenced Janspeed and it is now perfect (for me lol).

I have took my heater resistor out, while the car is with Fred and my mate is repairing it.

So hopefully next weekend the car will be near where I want it to be and I can give it a full going over and get her cleaned, polished and waxed.

Dan.