ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitted bucket seats now the service light and air bag light or on.

Fitted some bucket seats to my 172 cup to day now these lights are on, I had the same prob when i removed the back seats and put some 3.3 resistors in and cured it. Thing is the cup dosent have airbags in the front seats, tried puting some resisters in but the lights are still on, am i doing some thing wrong ie puting them in the wrong place?:S

Re: Fitted bucket seats now the service light and air bag light are on.

Has any one fitted bucket seats in a 172 cup? How did you get the service light and airbag light off. PLEASE HELP (hate lights on my dash):mad:

Removed the rear seats some time back, Fitted some bucket seats in the car sunday, thought the 3.3 resistors would sort the lights out like they did for the rear seat belt tensioners?

Freetrack&Monaco 172
Removed the rear seats some time back, Fitted some bucket seats in the car sunday, thought the 3.3 resistors would sort the lights out like they did for the rear seat belt tensioners?

Are you sure? I'll agree with Mr. Rollo, AFAIK there are no pretentioners in the rear.......or any kind of wiring to the seatbelts.....??

172 ph1
standard front seats have a side airbag don't they?

if you disconnect an airbag then you can expect the airbag light and service light to come on

Some 172 cups have rear seat belt pretentioners (ie some earlly ones). Mine had them in so i got some 3.3 resistors put them in were the pretentioners was and the lights went out:D. There are no air bags in the front seats in a 172 cup, but there is a block plug with 2 wires coming out of it under each seat, so i put some 3.3 resisters in were i disconected the block plugs and the lights are still on:dapprove:. Put some diferent ones in earlyer and its still the same service light+airbag light are still ON AARRRRRRRRRRRRR:mad:

Freetrack&Monaco 172
Some 172 cups have rear seat belt pretentioners (ie some earlly ones). Mine had them in so i got some 3.3 resistors put them in were the pretentioners was and the lights went out:D. There are no air bags in the front seats in a 172 cup, but there is a block plug with 2 wires coming out of it under each seat, so i put some 3.3 resisters in were i disconected the block plugs and the lights are still on:dapprove:. Put some diferent ones in earlyer and its still the same service light+airbag light are still ON AARRRRRRRRRRRRR:mad:

I stand corrected, mines a 53 plate Cup so no wires there ;)

Golf GTD Mk7

Are you talking about the switch on the rail? Seat belt side? Not sure if the resistors work on this if that is the case?

Are you talking about the switch on the rail? Seat belt side? Not sure if the resistors work on this if that is the case?

No there is a block plug fitted under each chair that i had to pull out to remove the chairs. Think its for the seat belt pretentioner.

Golf GTD Mk7
ah right, yeah resistors should work on that. I thougth it was 3.03ohm or 2.7ohm that worked on the seat wiring though :S