ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting 6 x9 in a 172mk2

Golf 1.4 TSI

want to fit them onto parcel shelf in the back. how easy is it to sort the wiring to the rear of the car

that really isnt helpful? i dont see the need for petty wee comments like that?

6x9s are not as bad as you lot go on about! the reason they are so unpopular is people combine them with subs....a big no go!

however on their own, they are decent enough speakers.

they will give you adequate bass, something you wont get from coaxiles or components in the back!

with regard to fitting mate, you want to use the bottom of the speaker as a guide(sometimes there is cardboard you can cut out on the box to help)...then use a pen/pencil whatever....and draw out the shape.

then drill through the middle of the shape to start you off...then get a jig saw and cut out the oval shape.

then its a case of simple screwing in the speaker...then run the wire through to the back speakers....there is plenty gaps to fit through..easy if you look.

then just take out your rear coaxiles and join the 6x9s wire to the oem wire

hope that helps!

yeah but tom mind how expensive sub/amp/wiring kits are...also fitting if you are inexperienced!

some people just want to improve the standard stereo to an acceptable level...also some have bread knives that need the boot:)

i do agree sub/amp sounds far better:)

ClioJohn - i have to disgree - MOST 6*9s are bad quality speakers deinged for mass market - the best IMO are the genesis 6*9 subs

6*9s will pull your sound stagiung backwards. they also DONT play bass - they can play mid not bass, (apart from subs in 6*9 shape)

front comps can give you sufficient mid bass - get larger cone - eg 6.5" cone. or get the jl 6.5" subs - that will give you some bass/mid bass

personally i dont feel a need for rear speakers - if you have a sub - if you want to spend some cash on your setrio to imporve it

firstly on the Head unit

then front comps

then amp

then sub

then another amp for sub - list goes on and on!!!

also just putting in 6*9 will make ur car more attractive to thevies - as they can see you speakers - so you should make them steath -costing moeny that could go into a sub/amp. also if you uprage - i would be surpired if you didnt -you have to get a new parcel shelf and get rid of the 6*9s or leave them in and let the sub break them.

IMO dont get 6*9s PLEASE.

Golf 1.4 TSI

cheers for the help, got 6x9s already so just wanted to know how to fit them, had some in my boyracer Nova and they were fantastic and they only cost me 20quid at the time, these ones were bought from pooch and are alpine ones and look like they will be perfectly adequate. cheers for the advice guys