ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting a de-cat to a 16v

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Do I need gaskets between the joins or is some exhaust putty enough?

(expect more questions to follow as I start doing the job...!)

Clio 1.8 16v

yeah u need the gaskets as when the guys at ats did mine they used the same 1s n started blowing so they had to get new 1s for me and also use putty!

Wheres the best place to get new gaskets from? Tried Euro car parts and they dont stock them :confused:. Doing the decat is pretty easy though. Just need some Firegum from Halfords to put either side of the gaskets.

Rhys

use the gaskets if they arent burt bu put some fire gum or HARD exhaust repair putty on each side.

clio 20v

i usually get the gaskets from quik fit or summat just take a gasket in with u so they can match it a quid towards the brew fund normally secures 2 new gaskets

reno want 5 quid for 1 gasket i politely told em to fuk off

adi

clio williams, Ph1 172

Renault are robbin fukkers. Has to be said. we should get stuff for nowt for the cars over 10 years old. Keepin the heritage hehe.

Clio 1.8 16v

yeah go to ats of quick fit as they will sort u out!!fitted my de-cat pipe for £20 n said when i need it changing for my mot cum bak n e will swap em for free then put the de-cat bak on sorted guys at quick fit