ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting a door..

How easy is it to take my door off and fit a new one , ive got a dent in my passenger door atm , and in my garage i have a new door same colour just needs fitting..

Thanks I2icH-

yup.....if you got one ready to swap, unplug the sheathed plug and unscrew the two door pins, then replace....it can bea right b*****d if they are stuck or if your strip them....lol

Nooooo , i just started taking the pins out of the new door,because the guy i got it from just grinded the door off the other clio lol,but one of the pins will not come out :( the 1st one came out easy , but one pin is stripped so i cant get it out :( , is there any way i can get this pin out, as ive been trying for ages now and cannot do it .

oh dear, your funked!

i did the same and the pins ae very hard metal.

I melted 3 tungsten tipped drill bits, broke 3 easy outs and blewup an angle grinder in an attempt to get it out.

Easy outs always break, they hardly ever work......

I cut the door off round the pin then heated it and let it cool slowly to temper it then get a new drillbit and a BIG drill and got it out, but if the drill starts to slip, itll work harden and round off the drill bits....b*****d items!

but if you mess up, your door will hang REALLY badly!