ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitting a new rear quarter window

Clio 182
i came out of work last night to find somebody had smashed my rear drivers side window

would the cheapest way to fix this to buy a second hand one and then fit it myself if thats possible ? i no idea how they are attached

C*nts, sorry to hear that buddy.

My window got smashed in a few months ago, I sourced a rear quarter window second hand. The windows are bonded in, so I removed all the remaining bond residue and glass carefully with the help of a Stanley and a Hoover then rung my local garage who referred me to some chap in Bromley. He popped round and fitted it for £15 as I had done all the hard work and he just had to glue it in.

Clio 182
cheers mate i'll follow your lead and get it all off and do that then

just a quick note, will any clio glass from a lower model fit or is there a difference in size/shade of the glass

Anytime pal, be careful when removing the glue residue, it's tough as hell, I used a Stanley on mine as a few extra scratches to my 1.2 doesn't matter - take your time and you'll earn a few cuts and grazes too :)

On another note, hope you find the f*ckers who did it and get them to foot the bill.

Edit: just read the second part, that I'm not sure of buddy, I just went to a breakers and they had a load of 1.2 rear windows shelved... Someone will come along and clear it up I'm sure

PH1 Track Car
I know the glass was thinner on 172 cups but as yours is a 182 I think they're the same. I've never heard anything different anyway.