ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting brakes problem.

Trying to change my rear pads, got the carrier off without too much of an issue, got the old pads out and new ones in just fine.

But now I cant get the carrier to line up with the bolt holes at all to fix it back in, no matter how much i wind or unwind the piston.

What glaringly obvious mistake am i making?

Cheers.

It's definitely sliding, but i cant get the bolt holes to line up at all, its almost as if the pads are too thick.

If do get them lined up then the carrier and pads wont fit onto the disc!

I' dont have any no, must be doing something wrong.

It definitely slides though because i marked just above the bolt hole to make sure i was winding the right way. Think i'm gonna bolt on the carrier and try getting the pads in then tightened up the bolts, hopefully that'll work, otherwise I'm snookered!

Yeah I wound it all they way, it didn't stop twisting but didn't seem to move any more.. if that makes sense.

I'll have to give it another bash when i get chance and will grab some photos if i am still struggling.

Have done Dan, seems as though the pads are too thick! It's hard to explain.

Will hae another go and grab some photos.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
where did you get the pads from? you can get the exact same pad but twice as thick for the front of handful of cars

Got them from G172 on here, and he has confirmed its the right part!

I'm probably being a fool, when the pads are in the holder and pushed out to both sides as far as they will go and you slide it on to the disc, it seems as though they fit perfectly.

I just cant wind the calliper far enough in to align the bolt holes of the carrier and caliper.

Hope I'm explaing that right... First time I've changed pads, which is probably pretty obvious! lol

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
fit the upper bracket fully, slide the caliper over so you can fit the pad nearest the piston, slide that pad in making sure the tab on the back of the pad engages with the slot in the piston, pull the caliper across and slide in the next pad.

Stop trying to assemble the pads in the upper part first, you're making it harder.

Ah that was the next plan, cheers.

Should the piston stop winding?

I've seen people say wind it all the way in clockwise, but just seems to keep on going forever and not actually move!