ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting ktec coilovers! Help!!

Jap Shed
Fitting the rears and there are no instructions on where the height adj things go???? Has anyone got any fitting pix??? Ta!

Charged Superleggera
the collar or ring screws inside the big adjuster and then the spring sits on the adjuster collar. then you sould have a bolt and a plate. the plate and bolt hold the adjuster in place from the bottom of the rear beam where the spring sits. hope that helps

alien green rs133
standard bearings on coilovers,

while you have them to bits, spray a bit of wd40 on them and a little bit of oil to keep it nicely lubed :D

Titanium 182
Do you mean strut top mounts ? :S And yes you need to reuse the original ones on the Ktec coilovers.

Regarding the rears, you get a like adjuster plate with a screw thread on it, this "pops" into the spring platform with the spring on top of it. To adjust the height you use a small alen key to "unlock" the adjuster then use a C spanner to turn it to the required height. Once you have the correct height you "lock" it again using the alan key in the small hole on the screw plate.

Titanium 182
Hang on, 1 min.

Right. Ripped from one of Fubars guides.

This is the order they go on, just replicate it on the coilover strut. Sorry about the picture quality.

4210089464_5e03f2b59f_o.png

Titanium 182
No, the stuff above the metal spring cap you transfer to the coilovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jap Shed
phew ! right ok, its just the bearings that aint in then. They were totally shatterd when i took the mounts off.

Jap Shed
cheers. well i need some new top mounts as i need to be back in plymouth on the 27th... about 15 mins from KTEC but its shut!!!!!
Andy?