ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting my new wheels, could I have a problem??

If anyone reads my progress posts they will know that I have just resprayed my wheels, however I think I may have a problem...

when I got the wheels they came with little plastic bits that fitted in the centre of the wheel and this fitted it to the hub, I have lost these (I think they have been binned), the wheel will still fit but would only be held with the bolts, is this safe? or do I need to get hold of some more of those plastic things?

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Your wheels will fit fine without them.. All it does is make it easier to locate them to the hub.. Lets be honest there plastic hardly going to withstand the pressure of the weight of a car.

Clio 182 Trophy
They won't be fine. Last time I drove a car with missing spigot rings it was like having all four wheels off balance.

S4 Avant
I've had two sets of wheels in my clios life. The first had spigot rings, and were fine. The second set don't have spigot rings and are also fine.

The fact that I stretched the bolts and had the front wheels come loose on the A38 is completely irrelevant.

FRS
Do not run them slack on the hub! The spigot rings are there for a reason to make them slot over the hub nice and tightly.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
the spigot rings are only there to help you fit the wheel and line them up.
will be fine without them.

only get vibration if not centred correctly just do up all four bolts by had before torque them up the bolts/wheels are tapered to self centre the wheel.